Newcastle United 4 - 1 Reading - 17/08/16 - Post-match reaction from page 38

Disco

Anita did really well by the sounds of it. Keep him at RB :thup:

He's been really good everytime he's played there, unlike Janmaat who i can't remember him ever having a good defensive performance.

Hopefully he stays the starter until further notice.

Could always utilise Janmaat on the wing for now and push Ritchie more central.

Said before why that won't work, would just rather he sits on the bench tbh.

To me, this is a perfect performance and result. Important to get a decisive win to get the weight off our backs, but especially to do so having dropped players who didn't really perform while also more or less experimenting with different pairings, partnerships, and roles. This is a squad win. It's going to have to be a season where we rotate quite a bit so everyone, including the players, just needs to get used to it.

It was always going to be a big adjustment to the Championship for Rafa and for the team. As he and they learn how to play more effectively in the division, they'll also learn who performs best and in what specific role.

:thup:

Competition for places and Rafa showing that if you don't perform you'll lose your place.  Something we've needed for a long time.

To me, this is a perfect performance and result. Important to get a decisive win to get the weight off our backs, but especially to do so having dropped players who didn't really perform while also more or less experimenting with different pairings, partnerships, and roles. This is a squad win. It's going to have to be a season where we rotate quite a bit so everyone, including the players, just needs to get used to it.

It was always going to be a big adjustment to the Championship for Rafa and for the team. As he and they learn how to play more effectively in the division, they'll also learn who performs best and in what specific role.

:thup:

Competition for places and Rafa showing that if you don't perform you'll lose your place.  Something we've needed for a long time.

Bang on, example : Lascelles, our captain dropped for two poor performances, exactly what we've needed.

He's been really good everytime he's played there, unlike Janmaat who i can't remember him ever having a good defensive performance.

Words fail me when I read stupid shit like this. :lol:

We need a winger and without the burden of being a right back he could be more effective in that role until we get a more permanent signing. How is that daft Pep?

Point with Janmaat is he can't do anything from a standing start when the ball comes into his feet. He needs to run onto a through ball into space to be effective.

Sounds like every full back ever.

Guest neesy111

Sounds like we jut about sold-out again, by the way. 48,000 in and Reading didn't bring much of a following.

Saturday's game was never a sell out for what it's worth.  Must had been close to 1500 spare seats in level 7.

Words fail me when I read stupid s*** like this. :lol:

We need a winger and without the burden of being a right back he could be more effective in that role until we get a more permanent signing. How is that daft Pep?

Pep :lol:

Nah just like most fullbacks he needs space to run into and if he was a winger that space would be marked thus rendering him useless. I'd rather just buy a winger or rely on what we do have tbh.

Gale reckons we won't go up automatically, let alone win it. Because the players can't handle the pressure of the crowd.

Professional punditry, ladies and gentlemen.

What's his beef with us like?

Why does he hate us?

Pardew's mate.

Listen to this cunt Gale, Gayle free kick wasn't that good, GK gave him too much room. How bitter can one man actually be.

Sky seem to like trying to wind us up, they always seemed to give us commentators or pundits who were either mackems or had a grudge against our fair city.