Newcastle United 4 - 1 Reading - 17/08/16 - Post-match reaction from page 38

Disco

Pisses me off so much this blocking, understand I guess if they have sold the rights, which they have to Bein sports in Canada. But Bein sports are so shit, nothing on their site yet or probably ever will be. I even sub $20 for their crappy service.

Pisses me off so much this blocking, understand I guess if they have sold the rights, which they have to Bein sports in Canada. But Bein sports are so shit, nothing on their site yet or probably ever will be. I even sub $20 for their crappy service.

Aye, it's self defeating anyway, highlights are essentially adverts for the football that they sell. Obvs their rights deal mandates it, but still annoying.

We do brilliantly for the non-goal at the start.

That shitecunt Perez making good runs. Won the FK for the goal too.

And played a sexy ball for the Hayden shot that was saved. From those few seconds he looked better than the first two games anyway.

Whey that was more like it. Still moments of concern defensively, but it shows what a bit of pressure and intensity can do.

Shelvey much improved, Ritchie again a cut above, Gayle quality second half.

More of the same and 3 points at the weekend.

We played tonight like we should have on Saturday. Reading were not as good as Huddersfield but we pressed so well in the 1st half and their passing it out from the back was pretty poor. Thought that was Shelvey's best game for ages and I still think he was nowhere near his best. Ritchie was superb (except one terrible pass) and Hayden was really impressive. Mbemba was really good too. Ayoze did some lovely stuff but some easy control let him down but glad to see him playing better. Gouff didn't do too much but I thought what he did do was efficient and provided some nice balance.

A worry from tonight (other than conceding just before HT again) is that Mikel Antia absolutely barks out loads of instructions  before every defending corner and it all looks an absolute mess because players seem to not know what their job is and it all seems a bit panic stations. We didn't defend corners very well at all until about 70 minutes when we finally managed to clear our lines from them

So I believe this would be a good end of the weekend for you all.

Yes, thank you Jo. Though now I'm jealous of long Portuguese weekends so I'm off to listen to some Fado and depress myself again  ;)

Long portuguese weekends? Only 2 days.

About Fado, I could use some too. I got really happy with our EURO win, but now I'm depressing like hell since we couldn't get an Olympic medal in football.

Let me help you: