Newcastle United v Cheltenham Town 23/08/16 @ 19:45 (Live on ALL channels)

morla84

True and I understand that but I'd prefer the back 4 to build up more of an understanding with each other given how ropey we've been at set pieces so far this season.

Very good point which i think Rafa will ignore tbh. He expects whoever he puts out to have an understanding, hence the repetition in training in those scenarios, also the reason he so readily drops/rotates players if they don't live up to his standards, it's just how he rolls.

True and I understand that but I'd prefer the back 4 to build up more of an understanding with each other given how ropey we've been at set pieces so far this season.

Very good point which i think Rafa will ignore tbh. He expects whoever he puts out to have an understanding, hence the repetition in training in those scenarios, also the reason he so readily drops/rotates players if they don't live up to his standards, it's just how he rolls.

Which is fair enough. Ideally all 4 of the centre backs would be on an even keel anyway as they'll all be needed this season. I think he's still searching for the best combos too.

Which is fair enough. Ideally all 4 of the centre backs would be on an even keel anyway as they'll all be needed this season. I think he's still searching for the best combos too.

Good points there  O0

I think we'll all have to get used to how Rafa does things. Also we have to get used actually having enough players to rotate and manager who knows how to do it. Seems so long since we were a proper football team/squad.

Darlow

Sterry Hanley Clark Gamez?

Gouffran Anita Colback Aarons

Armstrong

Mitrovic

Might be the wrong attitude but for this season only I couldn't give a fuck about the cups, it should be used to rest players and keep fringe players sharp and test out some of the young lads.

Sterry played well pre-season, Hanley has hardly played, if Gamez is fit would be a good run out for him, Gouffran due to lack of options and not wanting to risk Ritchie, Colback because I couldn't give a fuck if he gets injured, Aarons to give him 90 minutes and hopefully a confidence booster, Armstrong to see if he isn't completely shite when he actually starts a game and gets a full match, and Mitro to get his match fitness up to scratch.

We're going to play 46 league games this season. Four games in and we have already witnessed how tough and competitive this league is, we will get absolutely nothing for free. We were unable to have a proper go even at little Bristol City. I think we simply cannot prioritize the cups this season.

Darlow

Sterry.    Hanley      Clark    Gamez

Colback.        Shelvey 

Armstrong.      Diame      Aarons

Mitrovic

I would play

Darlow

Sterry

Hanley

Clark

Jesus Gamez

Colback

Shelvey

Bigirimana/Vuckic (might be worth giving them a chance)

Aarons

Perez

Mitorvic

Vuckic has been told he's no part of the plans, no point playing him. Same with bigi probably

Press conference in a few minutes. Personally i would play Mitro up front with Perez, and if not next to him then at least as advanced as possible. Need Perez to get some confidence as he's absolutely woeful now.