Brentford manager: Alan Judge won't join Newcastle this summer

Nobody

Question marks over his injury but I like him. Seems to have been played by Brentford as either a AM or a right footed left winger. Seems like a Newcastle player. Reminds me a little of Rob Lee actually.

May I ask why?  He doesn't seem anything like Rob Lee, to me?  He looks like a tricky, pacey winger and he is tiny.

Question marks over his injury but I like him. Seems to have been played by Brentford as either a AM or a right footed left winger. Seems like a Newcastle player. Reminds me a little of Rob Lee actually.

May I ask why?  He doesn't seem anything like Rob Lee, to me?  He looks like a tricky, pacey winger and he is tiny.

Well in his highlights reel there were a good few goals which involved running at players through the middle and he can hit it from outside the box. He seems to have played last season more as an AM than as a winger.

Good control of the ball as well.

How do you pass a medical if you're not fully fit?

Dunno, but Siem just passed one (allegedly), and Woodgate still had one when he left us, and didn't make his Madrid debut for another 6 months or something!

Judge wants to play as a number ten and would surely be used fairly centrally by United, who don’t have anyone like him in their squad now that Siem de Jong has left.

Pure guesswork and speculation from Douglas.  Can't see that happening. 

"Free role behind the striker " is what Brentford fans are saying

:thup:

Just can't see him being given that role in Rafa's system, TBH. 

I don't mind the signing.  Could potentially be like Routledge for us last time.  Where he helped us annihilate teams in the second half of the season.

I think he'll probably be competing with Gayle/Aarons at LW and Diame at AM if we play a 433.

Dunno, but Siem just passed one (allegedly), and Woodgate still had one when he left us, and didn't make his Madrid debut for another 6 months or something!

How have people not realised this yet? :lol:

Medicals obviously can be done on injured players, they are not there to let us know if he can play or not. They are more to check on general health, such as heart rate and conditioning etc. A broken leg on a player means nowt on terms of a medical.

Medicals obviously can be done on injured players, they are not there to let us know if he can play or not. They are more to check on general health, such as heart rate and conditioning etc. A broken leg on a player means nowt on terms of a medical.

Isn't it all about insurance purposes as well?  Meaning as a club you can get insurance on a player with a broken leg but more difficult with someone suffering from from some form of heart defect?

Surely it should at least have some weight, I mean fuck, it's a broken leg after all.

Surely it should at least have some weight, I mean f***, it's a broken leg after all.

Aye, and Woodgate (as we know) was made of glass.... and sugar glass at that!!

There's a video of him on youtube called "the Irish Messi" set to a coldplay song. Never felt more lower league in my life watching this. Hitting me right in the gut.

Genuinely, what's your issue?

It's this sort of rubbish gives NUFC fans a bad rep. It is possible for an Irish or Scottish player to be good. If we were signing George Best in his prime you'd probably start grumbling about it.

Also, wake up call. We are lower league.

So from bidding £10 million plus for Knockaert, to signing an injured player for 2-3 million instead.

This is the bit I don't get.

I'd have though that his injury has brought the price down somewhat.

Anyway, it's pretty clear we wanted Knockaert but he's not for sale. This is probably just another way of signing a very effective championship player and probably the best available right now.

State of his leg he's more Wob Lee.