Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/03/2023 at 12:48, Jinky said:

North Shields seem to have turned a corner in recent weeks, with another win yesterday.....now mid-table.

Anyone have an update on the league's ground demands?

If it not done they'll be relegated. 

Larmouth made a great difference. Great little player. 

Shildon 1-2 Hebburn last night

The home team should have been completely out of sight - went in 1-0 but it should have 4 or 5 if it wasn't for Newbrook in Hebburn's nets!

A good turnaround 2nd half and Hebburn Should make the play-offs with hopefully a home tie too (finishing 2nd or 3rd gets that!)!

Their ground is an absolute dump tbf. Virtually no cover for the fans at all. They've spent absolutely nowt on it and that club has had some money through it the past 6/7 years with the Vase win and 400 average crowds. The only thing they did was the clubhouse and that was paid for by grants.

A mate of mine is a season ticket holder there and there's a growing suspicion about the way the club is being run. 

2 hours ago, Jinky said:

Cheers mate....looks like they are preparing for the worst......

Such a pity the FA are so high handed.

Aye, they never wanted promotion in the past because they never wanted to travel. I’m sure they knocked it back when eligible and had to go up this time around as they made it so you can’t turn down promotion.

The FA should be using money they have promised for grassroots football for clubs like North Shields to improve their stadiums. Instead though the money has gone missing and their attempts to sell Wembley to pay for it never sat right with the fans, and I also suspect would have raised a few eyebrows in government.

Before I was taken to my 1st NUFC match, my stepdad used to take me to see them play. We would often be two of a handful of people there. I went for the 1st time in about 20 years about 6 weeks ago. The crowd they are getting is massive compared to what they used to get, in fact sometimes if I’m at home when they are playing, I can hear them cheering.

I wish the club well but I got fed up of the people running the club a long time ago. Turning down promotion, selling their best players just before they were about to do something special, constantly blaming NUFC for being 10 miles down the road for taking fans away from them. It was always a ‘Woe me’ story from them, when actually they kept reloading the rifle to shoot themselves in the foot over and over again.

A couple of miles away in Whitley Bay they have been crying out to be promoted for years, Hebburn just across the river have done everything right and are a well ran club. South Shields isn’t really comparable considering they have a wealthy backer though. Those clubs are showing what you can do with the right attitude though, and like I said Whitley Bay have probably done everything off the pitch right, but never managed to get that promotion themselves and would love to be in North Shields’ position.

6 hours ago, Stifler said:

Aye, they never wanted promotion in the past because they never wanted to travel. I’m sure they knocked it back when eligible and had to go up this time around as they made it so you can’t turn down promotion.

The FA should be using money they have promised for grassroots football for clubs like North Shields to improve their stadiums. Instead though the money has gone missing and their attempts to sell Wembley to pay for it never sat right with the fans, and I also suspect would have raised a few eyebrows in government.

Before I was taken to my 1st NUFC match, my stepdad used to take me to see them play. We would often be two of a handful of people there. I went for the 1st time in about 20 years about 6 weeks ago. The crowd they are getting is massive compared to what they used to get, in fact sometimes if I’m at home when they are playing, I can hear them cheering.

I wish the club well but I got fed up of the people running the club a long time ago. Turning down promotion, selling their best players just before they were about to do something special, constantly blaming NUFC for being 10 miles down the road for taking fans away from them. It was always a ‘Woe me’ story from them, when actually they kept reloading the rifle to shoot themselves in the foot over and over again.

A couple of miles away in Whitley Bay they have been crying out to be promoted for years, Hebburn just across the river have done everything right and are a well ran club. South Shields isn’t really comparable considering they have a wealthy backer though. Those clubs are showing what you can do with the right attitude though, and like I said Whitley Bay have probably done everything off the pitch right, but never managed to get that promotion themselves and would love to be in North Shields’ position.

My first ever football match was at Appleby Park. My uncle took me.....believe it or not, Frank Brennan was playing Centre Half.....:lol:

Used to go regularly in the amateur cup days....but live down south now.  Been to the new ground a couple of times, but its a shadow of its predecessor.

p.s. Whitley Bay have already had seasons in the Northern Premier League.

Edited by Jinky
info

Went to watch South Shields today, first time I’ve been which is criminal considering I could walk to their ground in 15 minutes. 

Shite game but a big crowd and a class set up. Nice bar area in the new stand. Morreti and Heineken Silver both on tap amongst others. Beats Carling at the Cathedral. 

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Huge win for Gateshead today, now 3 PTS to Yeovil wit 2 games in hand.

Aye, results around them went well too - only the Heed and Dorking won out of the bottom 11 teams. 

On 23/03/2023 at 16:41, Wallsendmag said:

Their ground is an absolute dump tbf. Virtually no cover for the fans at all. They've spent absolutely nowt on it and that club has had some money through it the past 6/7 years with the Vase win and 400 average crowds. The only thing they did was the clubhouse and that was paid for by grants.

A mate of mine is a season ticket holder there and there's a growing suspicion about the way the club is being run. 

When I take the fella that I support (at work), we sit on the wooden benches in the wee stand, beside the terrace where the ultra's stand. If there is dodgyness going on with regards to how it's being run, it's not good. :(

In other news - Blyth lost 2-0 at home to Chester, yesterday and are now looking doomed. Another badly ran club. :(

Edited by Big Geordie