Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

20 minutes ago, Stifler said:

They should still get over the line.

Great win for York who are now all but safe.

@Yorkie

Yeah, brilliant, sad I couldn't make it. They weren't far off 8000; hell of a turnout for that part of the division. Dearly hope they can kick on a bit, it's easily a Football League club at heart. 

Alnwick's slow collapse continues, ended up losing 1-3 to Newbiggin from having been 1-0 up. Brutal wind and rain didn't improve it as a contest. Now looking in danger of not finishing top five which is maybe for the best, not a lot of satisfaction getting humped in the northern league every week.

Edited by OpenC

Mate has been to Morpeth to watch his local team Worksop. Heading home now has said there's an overturned bus on the other side of the A1 with what looks like South Shields fans on board. Hope everyone is ok.

15 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Hebburn win again.

Cracking win especially with Stockton losing!

Five points behind with three games in hand - huge week coming up!

Action packed game at Heaton Stan yesterday. 2 goals and a sending off in the first 10 mins set the tone!

Spoilt quite a bit by the wind and then we had a huge downpour just after HT but a good day and a good match to watch nonetheless

Shields looking really poor these days mind. Seemed to be a mixture of young kids and a couple of lads right at the end of their careers. The number 4 who played CM looked canny but other than that they don't have much else.

Stan up to 4th now. 5 points being 3rd with 4 games in hand.

14 hours ago, Bizza said:

Fantastic effort, Darlo looked dead and buried until Steve Watson turned them around. Hope he sticks around for next season.

He's done an amazing job, They looked absolutely doomed at the turn of the year.

Not looking great for either regional side in terms of the playoffs after yesterdays results.

image.thumb.png.baec7bd9aefe99b8743ce0950809eb8b.png

Shields and Spenny both lost. Boston play already relegated Banbury, who taken 1 point from their last 15 games (not last 15 points) on Tuesday, so that should see them leapfrog Shields into the final spot. Curzon's last game is at home to the bottom club who only have 20 points from their 45 games so they should be fine. Shields and Spenny both have winnable home games, but they will likely be relying on Boston dropping points away at Hereford, which isn't impossible, and certainly their best hope, but if Boston do win on Tuesday, as expected, then Hereford's season will be over, so possibly less incentive for them.

image.thumb.png.1a87640321d62518625214297a5cba8e.png

I think Blyth will mainly be hoping that Farsley lose at home to midtable Buxton in their quest to stay up. Blyth play 3rd place Brackley at home who will need to win to make sure they get a playoff bye and avoid the 4th vs 7th 'quarter final' match. 

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

Action packed game at Heaton Stan yesterday. 2 goals and a sending off in the first 10 mins set the tone!

Spoilt quite a bit by the wind and then we had a huge downpour just after HT but a good day and a good match to watch nonetheless

Shields looking really poor these days mind. Seemed to be a mixture of young kids and a couple of lads right at the end of their careers. The number 4 who played CM looked canny but other than that they don't have much else.

Stan up to 4th now. 5 points being 3rd with 4 games in hand.

What was the sending off for WM? We were just taking our seats when that happened. Had to shift when it starred pissing down and ended up leaving 10mins before the end (I was soaked pretty much!)

Heaton Stan's setup seems to be everything that Shields isn't. Shame on the latter.

Will be back - if can get parked a bit nearer. Is it possible to get parked inside the ground or is that for players/officials only? Lad I look after isn't great on his legs and struggles to walk medium distances without stopping a few times for a breather (he's 64)

Edited by Big Geordie

2 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

What was the sending off for WM? We were just taking our seats when that happened. Had to shift when it starred pissing down and ended up leaving 10mins before the end (I was soaked pretty much!)

Heaton Stan's setup seems to be everything that Shields isn't. Shame on the latter.

Will be back - if can get parked a bit nearer. Is it possible to get parked inside the ground or is that for players/officials only? Lad I look after isn't great on his legs and struggles to walk medium distances without stopping a few times for a breather (he's 64)

You weren't sat in the front row of the stand were you? We went into the 2nd row when it started pissing down and noticed 2 lads in front of us who shifted during the 2nd half.

Ritchie Slaughter kicked the Shields lad when he was on the ground. Crazy thing to do and a deserved red card. It was actually a Stan free kick as well which made his reaction all the more bizarre.

Can't park inside the ground unfortunately. That's for players, officials and people who pay for a pass. You can park on the street that leads up to it from Sainsburys. There's some parking set back off the road but it usually gets taken quickly.

34 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

You weren't sat in the front row of the stand were you? We went into the 2nd row when it started pissing down and noticed 2 lads in front of us who shifted during the 2nd half.

Ritchie Slaughter kicked the Shields lad when he was on the ground. Crazy thing to do and a deserved red card. It was actually a Stan free kick as well which made his reaction all the more bizarre.

Can't park inside the ground unfortunately. That's for players, officials and people who pay for a pass. You can park on the street that leads up to it from Sainsburys. There's some parking set back off the road but it usually gets taken quickly.

That was us - me (tall lad with blue adidas hoodie on) and P (red coat) Got soaked sitting at front, hence shifting. Was there a lady with you?

Edited by Big Geordie

1 hour ago, Big Geordie said:

That was us - me (tall lad with blue adidas hoodie on) and P (red coat) Got soaked sitting at front, hence shifting. Was there a lady with you?

There was mate. Me and the wife. Bairn sat just begind us. Wish I'd known it was you. Would have said hello!

Gateshead 45 minutes away from guaranteeing a place in the Play-Offs with 2 games to spare.

Absolutely unreal achievement given they lost Adam Campbell early in the season, Williamson leaving, then losing a handful of loanees in January. 

20 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Gateshead 45 minutes away from guaranteeing a place in the Play-Offs with 2 games to spare.

Absolutely unreal achievement given they lost Adam Campbell early in the season, Williamson leaving, then losing a handful of loanees in January. 

Best Barnet home and away this season. Finish as high as they can to avoid a round and you’d more than fancy them. Be mad to see the Intl in the EFL like. Their budget would be increased a huge amount too.