Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

Aye Bishops are the only team who always used to apply for Promotion (when it was optional) but just never had the team to match their ambitions/fanbase/ground until now.

Best of luck to them.

Secured our tickets for the FA Trophy Final. Hopefully Gateshead can go one better this year!

Shame it's the same day as NUFC v Brighton as no doubt that'll have an effect on how many travel.

5 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Secured our tickets for the FA Trophy Final. Hopefully Gateshead can go one better this year!

Shame it's the same day as NUFC v Brighton as no doubt that'll have an effect on how many travel.

Think I’ll get to that one. £30 a ticket isn’t bad and only 47 mins away on the train.

4 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Think I’ll get to that one. £30 a ticket isn’t bad and only 47 mins away on the train.

The bairn plays for their U11 Academy team and there's 42 of us, a mixture of parents and kids from his team getting the train down. Ticket prices weren't bad at all. Only a tenner for the kids as well.

Hebburn 4-1 - sone great goals and some great away fans there who follow NUFC too! Top lads! 

10 wins a row is insane especially  playing three or four times a week! 

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Mad to think they were a Peter Beardsley Talk-in away from going bust not so long ago?

Just want one more promotion after this one so they can be on Football Manager. :lol:

And how absolutely, utterly bizarre - a photo from the talk-in has just appeared on my FB memories! 2017! [emoji38]

1 hour ago, Big Geordie said:

Takeover of blyth Spartans has gone through today. Poor timing with such a big game tomorrow, IMO.

Thinking about doing a double header tomorrow. We're at Gateshead v Bromley at 12.15 and considering going straight from there to the Blyth game.

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

Thinking about doing a double header tomorrow. We're at Gateshead v Bromley at 12.15 and considering going straight from there to the Blyth game.

I was considering doing Heed Vs Bromley then Metro through to Shields Vs Southport.

Now probably just going to do Blyth instead I think.

Edited by ponsaelius

7 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I was considering doing Head Vs Bromley then Metro through to Shields Vs Southport.

Now probably just going to do Blyth instead I think.

I've never been to watch Blyth in years but seeing how big a game it was I fancied it tomorrow, after the Gateshead match.  Checked the ticket prices and if we want a seat at the Blyth game tomorrow it's £42 for me, wor lass and the bairn or £38 if we want to stand. Seems a bit on the expensive side to me.

Will decide on that one tomorrow. Not sure what parking is like at Blyth either cos we'd be cutting it a bit fine.

It's not looking too clever for all 3 NE sides with something to play for in the National League North.

At least it is in Blyths hands, but Brackley know they will likely have to win to finish 3rd and get the bye to the semi final, so that will be a tough match. No idea if that Blyth takeover news will be seen as positive, negative, or neutral / expected, but they might be relying on a favour from Buxton to beat Farsley.

Buxton can finish in the top half with a win and other results going their way, but not a huge incentive, plus they would avoid a lengthy trip next season if Blyth were to go, although doubt that will be in their thinking 

22 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

I've never been to watch Blyth in years but seeing how big a game it was I fancied it tomorrow, after the Gateshead match.  Checked the ticket prices and if we want a seat at the Blyth game tomorrow it's £42 for me, wor lass and the bairn or £38 if we want to stand. Seems a bit on the expensive side to me.

Will decide on that one tomorrow. Not sure what parking is like at Blyth either cos we'd be cutting it a bit fine.

Loads of parking in nearby streets 

6 hours ago, Paullow said:

It's not looking too clever for all 3 NE sides with something to play for in the National League North.

At least it is in Blyths hands, but Brackley know they will likely have to win to finish 3rd and get the bye to the semi final, so that will be a tough match. No idea if that Blyth takeover news will be seen as positive, negative, or neutral / expected, but they might be relying on a favour from Buxton to beat Farsley.

Buxton can finish in the top half with a win and other results going their way, but not a huge incentive, plus they would avoid a lengthy trip next season if Blyth were to go, although doubt that will be in their thinking 

It’s fine. Farsley are terrible so blyth shouldn’t be too worried. 

12 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Not a big fan of Never Forgets but didn't know this one

Screenshot_20240419-202032.thumb.png.deecd2468ac49ce510e50608b4a27a2c.png

Who was it who played against Whitley Bay, it was the Anzi game, sure it was that guy who was at Chelsea.

21 minutes ago, Chris L said:

It’s fine. Farsley are terrible so blyth shouldn’t be too worried. 

They don't seem too bad at home though, won 6 and drawn 3 of their last 14, and are the 10/11 faves to win the match. Its not in their hands, but I think I'd rather be in their position than Blyths. 

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

Who was it who played against Whitley Bay, it was the Anzi game, sure it was that guy who was at Chelsea.

Zhirkov?