Derby County 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 10/09/16 - Post-match reaction from pg 16

BlueStar

It's the polar opposite of the shite we've had for the last five years.  The team look organised, they look like we have a plan and they believe in themselves and the manager.  Everyone playing for the shirt and 100% commited.

An excellent professional performance away from home against a side who have been a hoodoo in the past. Derby were very poor but we never had to get out of second gear to get a result. Defence looks strong and Lascelles is so far justifying my choice of him as potential player of the season.

Ritchie a class above and all the side showed a great willingness to track back and tackle, which is something which was sadly lacking in previous years.

We look a side constructed to achieve what we need, which is promotion back to the PL this season - as I have said before, I cannot see some of these players surviving a return to the PL if Rafa has his way in the transfer market but we DO have a sound base to work on.

Great strike for the goal and all credit to Gouffran who has had a difficult time at SJP, some of it down to poor positioning by his managers. Although the second goal looked a mess, it showed commitment from Yedlin to get into the box so late on and that sort of commitment is what is needed to achieve promotion from this league.

Well done to all and now we need at least a point from QPR, a game I believe will be more difficult than this one was.

The best thing about this performance for me was the fact that we hardly had to break sweat, it was controlled from start to finish. You felt if we had had o get out of 1st or 2nd gear we could, most impressed with the captain today, that's the best game I've seen him put in for us, faultless.

Shelvey looked more like the player we thought we were getting. He looked a lot fitter.

We don't have much pace in the midfield so can't hit teams on the break. Yedlin is seriously quick and he can be a real asset in that area.

Overall though, a comfortable win.

Checked out a Derby forum and there are loads of posts saying how average we are, how they should have had 2 penalties and but for a fluke opener it could well have been a goalless draw........

I'm happy being average if we score very game and don't concede, so average we never left first gear :-), gonna walk this league

Shelvey looked more like the player we thought we were getting. He looked a lot fitter.

We don't have much pace in the midfield so can't hit teams on the break. Yedlin is seriously quick and he can be a real asset in that area.

Overall though, a comfortable win.

Away from home it is never going to be pretty, most important thing is the points at the moment and the game went to plan it seems. Shelvey was fantastic and starting to look like a leader, maybe he needs Rafa to influence him

Another match we have won without getting out of second gear. Rafa spot on tactically again.

Go 1-0 up and let these shit teams have the ball, none of them are good enough to break us down. They all want us to come out and get at them so they can try and play on the counter.

Against Bristol City, Brighton & Derby I can barely recall a decent chance any of them have had. Restricted them all to half chances.

A seriously good away day that too, best in a while.

Derby looked better going forward and we where defending most of the second half the game reminded me of watching a Pardew team when he first arrived here holding on to a 1-0 it was like watching paint dry.

Happy with the result defiantly but i am enjoying watching us play this season well not that much as entertainment value goes Newcastle are not very exiting to watch.

Derby created pretty much fuck all. They had a lot of the ball in decent areas, but never really looked like scoring.

Was very impressed with Anita after a fairly shaky start. He's so calm on the ball.

Think we'll see a lot of games like the one yesterday this season. An even contest where our superior quality will nick it in the end.

Super professional win yesterday - was very impressed watching. We never really looked in any danger and we also look very organized. :)

For those that are saying that we are going to piss these league and the championship is full of shite team teams - learn a bit of humility. We may well end up promoted, but it's still a long season. And us old timers know that Newcastle never do the easy thing.

I like the clinical approach we have taken but it worries me how many of our goals are from set plays. Hardly any have come in open play. League goals so far:

Pen rebound

Freekick knockdown

Pen

Direct free kick

Open play tap in

Good counter attack goal

Header from free kick

Direct free kick

Volley from corner

Short corner goal

/

Derby looked better going forward and we where defending most of the second half the game reminded me of watching a Pardew team when he first arrived here holding on to a 1-0 it was like watching paint dry.

Happy with the result defiantly but i am enjoying watching us play this season well not that much as entertainment value goes Newcastle are not very exiting to watch.

Give over man, it's nowhere near like watching any Pardew team.

After we scored the first goal there was never really any doubt that we wouldn't win. After years of capitulating almost every game, I find us winning quite easily very entertaining indeed.

For those that are saying that we are going to p*ss these league and the championship is full of s**** team teams - learn a bit of humility. We may well end up promoted, but it's still a long season. And us old timers know that Newcastle never do the easy thing.

This.

Its shaping up a lot like last time. We never really looked amazing at any points, the games were usually pretty dull and the quality of.football terrible, but we picked up the points when we needed too.

Its a means to an end for now, when we go up though id hope our style changes a bit, but winning for now is the most important thing of course