Newcastle United vs Wolves - 17/09/16 @ 15.00 - Pre Match Thread

Nobody

These are in for one hell of a beating

I don't think they are to be honest.

There'll be a reaction from them to Tuesday night and we'll still be a bit cagey.

Be a lot closer than the 2 games on Tuesday were I'm sure.

100% this. Whenever people expect NUFC to dish out a hammering we usually fall flat on our faces. Remember Fulham.and Huddersfield?

I'd be more than happy with a scrappy 1-0 win.

As if that has anything to do with it man :lol:

What you gibbering on about? All I said is a lot of the times we expect Newcastle to win they turn in a terrible performance and don't.

.com;

Metro: Central Station Metro is closed from 8pm on Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday, reopening for the start of service on Monday.

That is very inconvenient!  I like a pre-match pint in that vicinity...  I now have to rethink my whole day....  my mind is racing......

.com;

Metro: Central Station Metro is closed from 8pm on Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday, reopening for the start of service on Monday.

That is very inconvenient!  I like a pre-match pint in that vicinity...  I now have to rethink my whole day....  my mind is racing......

Haymarket Metty is near Sgt Peppers, sorted :thup:

.com;

Mint, cheers!  Is it any good in Sgt Peppers?  (haha)

.com;

Best bar in Newcastle.

.com;

Best bar in Newcastle.

So will I see you all in there then?

Excellent... 

However, it is likely that I will give that one a swerve for somewhere a little more, erm....  better / less weird....

.com;

Best bar in Newcastle.

So will I see you all in there then?

Excellent... 

However, it is likely that I will give that one a swerve for somewhere a little more, erm....  better / less weird....

I'll not be in there tomorrow but I'll be in there the following Saturday after the Villa match. Always packed, cracking music and as long as you can hold your breath when you go for a p*ss you'll love it.

Decided last minute to travel up for this. Too late for Gallowgate end but there's seats left in the platinum club area. Is this worth it atmosphere-wise or should I leave this one as too little, too late?

There's still the odd seat free in the Gallowgate but you'll need to be quick! If you go in the Platinum Club go in the wing section nearest the Gallowgate. It's a bit cheaper and you still get the atmosphere.

Decided last minute to travel up for this. Too late for Gallowgate end but there's seats left in the platinum club area. Is this worth it atmosphere-wise or should I leave this one as too little, too late?

There's still the odd seat free in the Gallowgate but you'll need to be quick! If you go in the Platinum Club go in the wing section nearest the Gallowgate. It's a bit cheaper and you still get the atmosphere.

They're only single seats sadly and I'm after two together! The spot that's still available is the section furtherest left of the milburn stand, 'Platinum L2A' is that's where you're referring to? It's the last section before the small corner!

.com;

Best bar in Newcastle.

Lol.

There'll be a reaction from them to Tuesday night and we'll still be a bit cagey.

100% this. Whenever people expect NUFC to dish out a hammering we usually fall flat on our faces. Remember Fulham.and Huddersfield?

What you gibbering on about? All I said is a lot of the times we expect Newcastle to win they turn in a terrible performance and don't.

Calm down :lol: Loads of people thought we'd beat QPR easily, and we did. What the fans expect has nowt to do with the result or performance. I'll be expecting to win pretty much every game for the rest of the season, so going by your logic we'll probably be shite.

Calm down :lol: Loads of people thought we'd beat QPR easily, and we did. What the fans expect has nowt to do with the result or performance. I'll be expecting to win pretty much every game for the rest of the season, so going by your logic we'll probably be s****.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill here like. My comment didn't really need a reply unless it was from someone who couldn't grasp what I meant, which clearly you couldn't. It was an observation that a lot of the time when we expect to win comfortably something goes wrong (remember our last home game v Wolves?). Loads of people weren't confident about QPR. Our record in London is terrible and if they had beaten us they would have went above us. Plenty would have been happy with a draw down at Derby. Far more people predicted us to beat Fulham and Huddersfield.

Sels

Anita Lascelles Mbemba Lazaar

Ritchie Shelvey Hayden Gouffran

Gayle Mitrovic

Then for the cup:

Darlow

Yedlin Lascelles Clark Dummet

Colback Hayden

Atsu Diame Perez

Murphy

They're only single seats sadly and I'm after two together! The spot that's still available is the section furtherest left of the milburn stand, 'Platinum L2A' is that's where you're referring to? It's the last section before the small corner!

Any that are very near? I'm sure people will happily switch if it's only a couple.

Aye Platinum Club L2A. You still get the atmosphere from the Gallowgate and decent bar facilities thrown in with a padded seat.

By the sounds of it, Lazaar and Murphy wont be involved. Wonder if he might start Atsu or Yedlin, or will he go safe with Anita/Gouffran in this one and rest them on tuesday instead.

Our squad is big, Gayle or Mitro? Perez or Diame and so on.. :lol:

May as well try to second guess Rafa.

We played midweek so there will be a few changes especially those who have played a fair bit regularly

Sels

Anita

Hanley

Mbemba

Gamez

Atsu

Colback

Hayden

Perez

Diame

Gayle

Flew up from Southampton this morning for this. Finally got round to buying a ticket about an hour ago. There were only a few single seats left in the Gallowgate, rang the Box Office and they reckon it won't sell out tomorrow but will be no more than a few hundred maximum remaining.