Newcastle United vs Wolves - 17/09/16 @ 15.00 - Pre Match Thread

Nobody

I think Benitez is just a confident bloke, he knows what he's doing, I don't think that comes across as arrogance. He also oozes class, his work outside of football is testament to that alone so I'm not sure where they get that from. Saying that I never had much thought on the bloke until he came here and at a point disliked him due to the Liverpool link but never out and out hated the guy.

He seems to be trying to downplay expectations, saying all the right things about not taking things for granted and still gets called arrogant  :lol:. He's confident, he's won more than any other manager in this division and I want other teams to know this and be scared, and I want our players to know this and not start second guessing tactics or rolling their eyes waiting for next manager to come in.

We also don't need to win any friends, if another team wants a shot at promotion they need to raise their game rather than whinge. Big name managers and big teams in the division can only be good for the league actually, what do they expect, Benitez to quake at the knees at the prospect of playing Wolves at St James?

I think Benitez is just a confident bloke, he knows what he's doing, I don't think that comes across as arrogance. He also oozes class, his work outside of football is testament to that alone so I'm not sure where they get that from. Saying that I never had much thought on the bloke until he came here and at a point disliked him due to the Liverpool link but never out and out hated the guy.

It's not that he's a confident bloke, more that he's honest about his teams (as were Keegan and Robson). At Liverpool I never had a problem with him, just that his team there were over rated. Won the champs league but never really looked like Prem title winners. Was the not the season they weren;t even the best on Merseyside ?

Never particulaly liked him when he was at Liverpool ! Almost to the point of dislike in all  honesty, it wasn't until he was at Chelsea where I started to like the man and just see what a class act he was, your Terry's and lampards hated him, the fans hated him and he just came in stabilised the ship got 3rd place and won the Europa league.... And now since he's been here .... Well I've explained on numerous threads I've explained my feelings for this man... I absolutely fucking adore him

Could Anita and Gouf be rested today maybe? I think Anita is the only player that has started in every game so far, right?

Sels?

Well, in the CS yes, but the cup game as well (i think Anita started, no?)

Hopefully Atsu starts if he's thinking of resting Gouffran this week. I know we were in cruise control when he come on, but he looked quality.

Quick, skilful, direct at times and caused them all sorts of problems. He's the sort of winger that we usually line up against and think "f*** sake" as they're bound to play well against us. Doubt it matters if he's played on the left or right.

Aye that's what i was thinking. He's the one of the new guys that's been mostly involved so far. (Atsu, Lazaar, Murphy)

I'd like to see Lazaar and Atsu given a chance to play together down the left hand side as well but maybe experiment with that in the cup.

I think Yedlin might come in for Anita, and Gouffran could be rested. With Rafa mentioning Murphy will play on Tuesday, it's interesting to see what happens with Mitrovic today. He has to start today or on Tuesday, but I can't see him starting him alongside Murphy.

My last and final guess :lol: Shelvey with a license to roam and Gayle moving further forward close to Mitro.

Sels

Yedlin  Mbemba Lascelles Dummett

Hayden

Shelvey

Ritchie        Gayle            Atsu

Mitro