Newcastle United vs Wolves - 17/09/16 @ 15.00 - Pre Match Thread

Nobody

We deserved to go down fielding the likes of Steven Taylor and Williamson in the premiership and trying to get away with it. Seems a long time ago now though.

We are set for the biggest gate in Britain Saturday  too.

Hell of a difference between Lascelles and Mbemba and the other shambles we had back there, for starters both can actually challenge physically.

I also like how they don't pretend they have been shot / fist pump or don't look to hoof the ball aimlessly up the pitch. Lo g may it continue with them both being 21/22 (allegedly)

Love it and having competent replacements is great.

Maybe, just maybe. Can see Gouffran being rested. Could it work with Gayle going in centrally and very high up the pitch in attack with Lazaar bombing forward providing width? Might be more likely that Yedlin gets his first start and Anita rested. Rafa has said that Gayle could play in a different position to what he has done so far. Normally i'd play Diame but Perez did so well against Qpr so i want to see him start again.

Sels

Anita  Mbemba  Lascelles  Lazaar

Hayden  Shelvey     

Ritchie    Perez    Gayle

Mitrovic

Maybe, just maybe. Can see Gouffran being rested. Could it work with Gayle going in centrally and very high up the pitch in attack with Lazaar bombing forward providing width? Might be more likely that Yedlin gets his first start and Anita rested. Rafa has said that Gayle could play in a different position to what he has done so far. Normally i'd play Diame but Perez did so well against Qpr so i want to see him start again.

Sels

Hayden  Shelvey     

Mitrovic

I like that. Perez can move wide if it doesn't work out with Gayle as well. Doubt Lazaar will start though, hopefully he gets a few minutes and then starts in the cup.

Sels

Hayden  Shelvey     

Mitrovic

I like that. Perez can move wide if it doesn't work out with Gayle as well. Doubt Lazaar will start though, hopefully he gets a few minutes and then starts in the cup.

Be plenty happy with that.

These are in for one hell of a beating

I don't think they are to be honest.

There'll be a reaction from them to Tuesday night and we'll still be a bit cagey.

Be a lot closer than the 2 games on Tuesday were I'm sure.

It's those pre season levels of optimism which concern me - and we know how that quickly evaporated after the first two games.

That said, Benitez's standard of preparation and 25 fit players champing at the bit to be in the squad should ensure that no one takes anything for granted in the dressing room.

There'll be a reaction from them to Tuesday night and we'll still be a bit cagey.

Agree with this.  I think we'll win, but it will be a close game.

Wasn't there some stat somewhere (i can't find it) whereby it showed that if you score 5 or more goals in a game you are more likely to have a very low scoring game in the next?

I'm sure i remember this. It just showed a trend towards that.

100% this. Whenever people expect NUFC to dish out a hammering we usually fall flat on our faces. Remember Fulham.and Huddersfield?

I'd be more than happy with a scrappy 1-0 win.

100% this. Whenever people expect NUFC to dish out a hammering we usually fall flat on our faces. Remember Fulham.and Huddersfield?

I'd be more than happy with a scrappy 1-0 win.

As if that has anything to do with it man :lol: