Newcastle United 0-2 Wolverhampton Wanderers - post-match from pg. 17

Disco

I don't like the lack of pace out wide when we put out sides like today. Ritchie's a smashing player but he isn't quick and that's further compounded by putting Perez on the other wing and two defensive full backs.

Which is exactly why we needed to spend money on a winger in the transfer window.

We already have Gayle, Atsu, Ritchie, Perez, Aarrons and Gouffran.

I'd much rather have another centre forward and play Gayle out wide or in Diame's position.

[/quote/]

That you pards?

Oh f*** off Gayle is not great as a main centre forward that much is clear, I can't think of one really good game he's had in that position. I would have a lot more confidence with him playing as a wing forward, where he often played for palace, or playing off someone like Mitrovic.

Some of the suggestions on here: play Gayle out wide, start Mitro over Gayle, etc. Here's why I'm glad we have Rafa and not one of you guys in charge.

Both should be starting especially at home - with Gayle on his own we have nobody to hold the ball up.

Some of the suggestions on here: play Gayle out wide, start Mitro over Gayle, etc. Here's why I'm glad we have Rafa and not one of you guys in charge.

Both should be starting especially at home - with Gayle on his own we have nobody to hold the ball up.

Yep, I'm good with playing two up top, especially a physical forward like Mitro or the other guy we signed whose name I can never remember.

I don't like the lack of pace out wide when we put out sides like today. Ritchie's a smashing player but he isn't quick and that's further compounded by putting Perez on the other wing and two defensive full backs.

Which is exactly why we needed to spend money on a winger in the transfer window.

We already have Gayle, Atsu, Ritchie, Perez, Aarrons and Gouffran.

I'd much rather have another centre forward and play Gayle out wide or in Diame's position.

Shit post of the week award. :thup:

Guest neesy111

I've heard the atmosphere was poisonous in the gallowgate.  Probably most of the fans who jumped on the bandwagon after tuesday's game expecting a similar result.

They were simply hungrier today.

Dissapointing effort , we just seemed lacklustre and i cant forgive them for not "putting it in" .

I cant work out Diame, hes a nothing player.

All eleven players were s****, enough said.move on

Yeah pissed off by the effort put in totally not acceptable - the whole defence was a shambles, the midfield none existent and up front weak as piss. The passing today was Sunday league standard. This against a poor team who conceded 4 on Tuesday but it's the second time this season we have been done like this and I think Rafa needs to look at his tactics and team selection again for home games - which I'm sure he will.

Really poor today. Never got our passing going at all and resorted to long balls to full backs. Wasn't even like Wolves parked the bus, they just pressed in good areas and won loads of balls. Our 2 centre backs were atrocious.  Thought we were crying out for a sub at half time and thought Rafa got that really wrong. Our worst performance since Southampton.

Not as downhearted as usual after defeats as we've just won loads in a row, but we didn't deserve anything today

Surely Wolves pressing high suits us more? We're always better when teams give us space in behind. Just sounds like we were too sloppy to capitalise.

We resorted to having to send long balls to Gayle and he had no chance against their huge centre backs because they didn't let us pass it out from goal kicks. Was obvious  that they weren't going to let Shelvey have any space either

Football  :yao:

Sounded like Wolves thoroughly deserved their win so fair play.  As for us it's just so frustrating why we gave this kind of performance, not even being able to do the basics right FFS.  The more Rafa learns about this group and quickly the better though