Newcastle United vs Wolves - 20/09/16 @ 19:45 - Pre Match Thread

Mattoon

Quality that considering I doubt wolves will have brought many. Might be wrong.

Should be areet, football innit.

They got 1500 tickets for tonight compared to 3200 on Saturday.

I'm assuming they're in the leazes/eaststand corner.

Wolves have sold 509 tickets for tonight.

just goes to show how the general atmosphere amongst most supporters has changed for the better. even after the home defeat by wolves, my kids werent suicidal (there were tears at various games last season).

i asked my boys if any of their friends wanted to come tonight and i've now got eight 8-10 year olds with me tonight in the gallowgate end and they're all so bloody excited. i'm the leader, i'm the leader of the gang (sorry, inappropriate gary glitter joke).

love rafa and love this cloob.

It sounds like Murphy will be playing according to quotes from Rafa and he won't play Mitrovic and Murphy.

Can understand the need to give Murphy a game, but would have been an ideal opportunity for Mitrovic to get more game time, and build his confidence.

Darlow, Lazaar, Yedlin, Colback and Murphy are certainties to start, for me. Lascelles and Perez certainly won't start IMO. Personally, I'd like to see Mbemba start, to shake off the cobwebs of the weekend but Clark and Hanley are due games too. I'll go:

Darlow

Yedlin

Hanley

Clark

Lazaar

Atsu

Colback

Hayden

Gouffran

Diame

Murphy

It sounds like Murphy will be playing according to quotes from Rafa and he won't play Mitrovic and Murphy.

Can understand the need to give Murphy a game, but would have been an ideal opportunity for Mitrovic to get more game time, and build his confidence.

:yao:

Apparently;

Darlow

Yedlin

Clark

Hanley

Lazaar

Shelvey

Colback

Ritchie

Diame

Gouffran

Murphy

Not far off from what I've heard. Murphy definitely playing and a new back 4.

Pretty much what most would expect. Apart from maybe Richie and Shelvey who perhaps could have been rested.

Darlow, Lazaar, Yedlin, Colback and Murphy are certainties to start, for me. Lascelles and Perez certainly won't start IMO. Personally, I'd like to see Mbemba start, to shake off the cobwebs of the weekend but Clark and Hanley are due games too. I'll go:

Darlow

Yedlin

Hanley

Clark

Lazaar

Atsu

Colback

Hayden

Gouffran

Diame

Murphy

I think that'll be quite close to the starting XI as well.

Whilst its quite a few changes, I think theres a few he needs to have a look at/give match time to (Yedlin, Lazaar, Atsu, Murphy), but also some coming back in who were left out last game (Clark, Hanley, Gouffran) whilst keeping a few core players.

And unlike cup line-ups in previous seasons, its not like playing a team of kids, these are all essentially first team players who we will need to be using this season, so makes sense that they get some match time, especially just 3 days after the last match.

Just not sure about the keeper. Think Darlow needs to play at some point, but he may stick with Sels again.

Cannot wait to hear what 'Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee' on Radio Newcastle think of potentially so many changes.  :rolleyes:

There's no way Rafa will play the same line-up that lost, so who knows what tonight will bring in terms of result and performance. I'm desperate to see some Rafa magic here in studying what went wrong and fixing it. It's cool we have a bigger squad to play with, the lads that led us down on Saturday watching on tonight will hopefully get another kick up the backside to not take any game for granted.