League Cup 4th Round - Preston (h), to be played Tuesday 25th October

joeyt

Well on Tuesday it would have been down to Sunderland playing on Sunday. The time before that and now the Preston game is a mystery.

Why couldn't we have played Wolves on Wednesday seen as though Sunderland were away?

Suits me better it being on a Tuesday this time because I'm off work on Wednesday and back in at 6am Thursday but I don't like this break in tradition of playing Tuesday nights instead of Wednesdays. Fair enough when we were in Europe and UEFA told us what night we played on but playing our League Cup games on Tuesdays now must be down to NUFC.

I'm sure I remember reading ages ago that each team picks which day they want to play their midweek home games (subject to no other obvious reasons to avoid that day). Might have been in that article about how the fixtures are sorted out.

Mess's with my head playing Tuesdays.

So used to us playing our mid week games on Wednesdays it makes me think it's Thursday the next day, especially this week when a lass who usually works in here on Thursday and Friday did an extra day on Wednesday.

Not arsed for the next round though as i'll be in the USA at the time.

• 4 weeks later...