Corruption and Scandal in Football

James

May be worth mentioning this bit from this article (albeit the source is Joey Bartons book lol)

He should not expect a great deal of sympathy but in the grand scheme of managerial scandals it is certainly a few notches down from the passage in Joey Barton’s newly released autobiography about the “creative accounting” of one manager (though not one, he says, he ever played under) whose “speciality was making late substitutions on the understanding his assistant would later collect a percentage of the player’s match fee”. That manager, according to Barton, was infamous for giving homegrown players their debuts, sometimes just for a few minutes, so the academy director would collect a bonus, to be split again. The manager would re-sign players he had worked with at other clubs and take a cut from them, too – paid monthly, and invariably in cash.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/sep/27/sam-allardyce-arrogant-clot-england-manager

Heard a very strong rumour along these lines from.a board member of a league club about 10 years ago. Ever since I've always had a rye smile when I see a sub coming on on 92 minutes with the result already decided, be it the manager I was told or a completely different one. You've got to wonder sometimes.

Emre, Luque, Boumsong and Amdy Faye deals among 17 'suspicious' transfers highlighted by the Lord Stevens report in 2007. Which the FA and then FIFA did the sum total of f*** all about :lol:

No surprises on the managers or clubs involved in the rest of the suspicious deals either.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/the-17-suspicious-premier-league-transfers-that-fifa-and-the-fa-failed-to-investigate-a7335916.html

It's all very well going after folk in the Championship - but there must be PL managers involved too? Past and present.

I reckon they're going to break a few names a day before a big exclusive on Sunday with the biggest name. Although my theory could be shite considering they started with the England manager :lol:

They all look so comfortable, would be interested to know how the meet-ups were initiated?

All just the tip of the iceberg, wouldn't be surprised if the majority of managers/assistants have had their fingers in on this. English game is probably one of the cleanest out there too, lurl.

Welcome to the Premiership Eight:

Steve Bruce (Without Club)

Alan Pardew (Crystal Palace)

Mark Hughes (Stoke City)

Ryan Giggs (Without Club)

Tony Pulis (West Bromich Albion)

Eric Black (Southampton) – Club requested full article from Telegraph

Harry Redknapp (Without Club)

David Moyes (Sunderland)

Welcome to the Championship Three:

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (QPR) – Club requested full video from Telegraph

Tommy Wright (Barnsley) – SACKED