Rotherham United 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 01/10/16 post match blather from p23

BlueStar

Nerves are shot after that last 15 minutes.

Really? They did f*** all. Even the one that hit the post came off our player.

Then we cleared one off the line? Darlow had to fingertip another away aswell on a dive across the area. It wasnt simple.

I still thought Colback was wank. No composure whatsoever. :dontknow:

Can't say I agree with that, his last ten minutes aside. I thought he was very assured and always in the right position today.

Great defensive performance.  He shut down Izzy Brown and kept him quiet all game.  Save for the first 10 minutes

Having a go at Mitrovic after that ffs :lol:

His ball into the box at the end was a bit daft like but other than that he was absolutely fine. Predictably strong in the air which we missed first half imo. Not so much the 2nd.

He was just trying to smash it off their player for a corner, I thought - just typical bad decision-making from him, really. Daft but we got away with it and I felt he was better off on the pitch than Gayle come the end. That being said, the latter does actually hold the ball pretty well for a small striker.

Mitro there man, pathetic.

What's he done now?

Absolutely nothing, he was very effective when he came on, should have started, him and Gayle up front and we would have won by a few.

Effective, he did nothing of note and give it away a few times.

When did he give it away? Bit daft picking on his 10 minutes tbh, he held it up fine.

He gifted the ball back to their central midfield when he and two(?) other players were trying to kill time in the corner, meaning they could break on us and we were weak positionally. Ludicrous decision-making.

But meh, came to nothing anyway. Not arsed.

People actually giving Mitro a hard time for his 10 minutes on the pitch, he won a few headers, made himself available and held the ball up.

Lost the ball once from a poor cross and that's it.

Wasn't particularly good or bad, it was 10 minutes when we were pretty much backs to the wall.

Think Mitro/Perez might've been the better choice today as a few expected. Gayle couldn't get into it due to the consistant long balls, it took Atsu doing it on his own. Only he & Anita really went for it in terms of attacking & made our best chances.

Guest firetotheworks

Can't say I agree with that, his last ten minutes aside. I thought he was very assured and always in the right position today.

As far as the Colback's scale goes, that was right up there. On the overall scale it was still low down there, we should be dominating the midfield so much more.

People actually giving Mitro a hard time for his 10 minutes on the pitch, he won a few headers, made himself available and held the ball up.

Lost the ball once from a poor cross and that's it.

Wasn't particularly good or bad, it was 10 minutes when we were pretty much backs to the wall.

Think Mitro/Perez might've been the better choice today as a few expected. Gayle couldn't get into it due to the consistant long balls, it took Atsu doing it on his own. Only he & Anita really went for it in terms of attacking & made our best chances.

Not a big fan of Perez but definitely think it was more of a game for Mitro than Gayle today, but who knows.

Diame was much improved, although I'd rather us start games with two strikers. In Rafa I trust, but some of these games we're winning by the skin of our teeth we'd be putting to bed in the first half with an extra man in the box to put away the missed opportunities.

Mitro there man, pathetic.

What's he done now?

Absolutely nothing, he was very effective when he came on, should have started, him and Gayle up front and we would have won by a few.

Effective, he did nothing of note and give it away a few times.

I guess its just a case of whether the glass is half-full or half-empty.

I saw him, as the lone outfield player, successfully maintain possession through clever use of the ball several times. I focused on that and you apparently focused on the times he couldn't do that through being surrounded or vastly outnumbered.

But your attitude is so very different to what it was a year or two ago, I can't be the only one who sees that. You appear so cynical and negative in many of your posts and I don't know what has happened to you to change you so much. Having one of the biggest wum's on the board jump in agreeing with you doesn't actually enhance your case.

(Well that's a fucked up quote, sigh)

As far as the Colback's scale goes, that was right up there. On the overall scale it was still low down there, we should be dominating the midfield so much more.

Still don't agree. I hate him as much as the next guy but thought he had a good game in his role by anyone's standards.