Newcastle United v Preston North End (League Cup) - 25/10/16 at 19:45 (no UK TV)

Figures 1-0 Football

Haven't read through the whole thread - but isn't it odd that we played Wolves twice in a row, now Preston, because of the cup draws? Don't recall this happening much before.

I do recall a fixture glut where, didn't we play the same team 3 times in a row, might be Stoke or West Ham? Or I could be completely deluded and mixing real life memories with Football Manager :lol:

Should be 45,000+ there tomorrow then and Preston only bringing 1k as well. Wonder if their manager, Simon Grayson, still believes that remark he made when he was managing Leeds in league One and we were supposedly interested in signing Jermaine Beckford off them. He said it would be a step down for him leaving League One Leeds to sign for Premier League Newcastle United. Always thought of him as a bit of a tit since then.

Amazing.

It might be a hard push to get another 6k sold, but you never know.

Price doubling too on matchday?

aye, we really didnt need to do that ffs, they just cant help it can they  :undecided:

It was to avoid queues at the turnstiles which is fair enough really. It is a shame though as I bet we would be looking at a crowd North of 48k. Be lucky if it gets to 46k now. Still a great effort and hopefully a better atmosphere than in the league.

Haven't read through the whole thread - but isn't it odd that we played Wolves twice in a row, now Preston, because of the cup draws? Don't recall this happening much before.

I do recall a fixture glut where, didn't we play the same team 3 times in a row, might be Stoke or West Ham? Or I could be completely deluded and mixing real life memories with Football Manager :lol:

We played Arsenal four times in a season once, including twice in a week and three times away.

Got them away in the League Cup (lost 2-0), got them away in the FA Cup (lost 3-0) and then lost 3-0 in the league game four days later.

Should be 45,000+ there tomorrow then and Preston only bringing 1k as well. Wonder if their manager, Simon Grayson, still believes that remark he made when he was managing Leeds in league One and we were supposedly interested in signing Jermaine Beckford off them. He said it would be a step down for him leaving League One Leeds to sign for Premier League Newcastle United. Always thought of him as a bit of a tit since then.

Has possibly the worst hairstyle I've seen for some time. A combover would actually help.

Has possibly the worst hairstyle I've seen for some time. A combover would actually help.

Seen him getting interviewed before. It's absolutely hideous mind.

He's halfway to a full Will Gompertz.

He's halfway to a full Will Gompertz.

:lol:

Will be the furthest we have been in cups in ages if we make it.

Got to the quarters v Spurs and quarters of Europa League only a few year ago.

Yep, slipped my mind. So used to us never trying in cups. Guess at least Rafa has the mentality that wants to win every game, so some hope of getting in the last 8

Amazing.

It might be a hard push to get another 6k sold, but you never know.

Price doubling too on matchday?

aye, we really didnt need to do that ffs, they just cant help it can they  :undecided:

It's all to stop the crap people gave them last time because they decided to flood the cash turnstiles 5 minutes before kickoff then blame the club when they miss kickoff.

We played Arsenal four times in a season once, including twice in a week and three times away.

Got them away in the League Cup (lost 2-0), got them away in the FA Cup (lost 3-0) and then lost 3-0 in the league game four days later.

Played Birmingham three times within 10 days in November/December 1973.  The games got progressively more violent.  One was the game when Jinky Jim Smith got sent off after 57 seconds for breaking an opponent's leg.  And yes, I am that old.