Newcastle United vs Cardiff City - 05/11/16 @ 3:00pm - No TV

HaydnNUFC

I would play the one who's in best form, if they're more or less as good as each other i would rotate every now and then. Right now i think it would have a negative effect if Mitrovic gets dropped at first chance after waiting patiently for ages for his time to come, and when he's now got it and grabbed it by scoring 4 goals in 2 games he should continue at least the next game which is tomorrow to get the signal he isn't gonna be dropped every time Gayle is fit. It would be too harsh too soon.

For me the lone striker role is Gayle's to lose and by lose, I mean play poorly, not get injured.

If Gayle goes through a dry spell, then Mitro should step in.

He had the spot in the first place when Mitro was unavailable though, swings and roundabouts. Incredibly harsh to drop a striker who's just scored 4 in 2 games.

Benitez said: “He was training, but still we have to be a little bit cautious with him. “We will see in the next few days. We have some time, and it depends how he feels. At the moment he is training and improving, but it depends how he feels.”

I'd be massively surprised if he starts like.

Benitez said: “He was training, but still we have to be a little bit cautious with him. “We will see in the next few days. We have some time, and it depends how he feels. At the moment he is training and improving, but it depends how he feels.”

It's at home and Mitro is scoring goals. There's no reason at all to rush Gayle back, he's more crucial away from home anyway where his pace on the counter is a great weapon. Mitro's waited patiently for his chance, he deserves the chance to keep the shirt while he's doing the business.

It's at home and Mitro is scoring goals. There's no reason at all to rush Gayle back, he's more crucial away from home anyway where his pace on the counter is a great weapon. Mitro's waited patiently for his chance, he deserves the chance to keep the shirt while he's doing the business.

These are exactly my thoughts as well.

If Mitro scores again I don't get that tbh. His goals record under Rafa equals if not betters Gayle's since his arrival so seems a weird stance

It's a weird stance to want our most proven goalscorer to stay in the team? Fwiw I'd play both him and Mitrovic. Rafa will play one of them, and it'll mostly be Gayle imo.

to be fair if thats Rafas comments it looks like Mitro, fair enough, i love the bloke  :love:

If Mitro scores again I don't get that tbh. His goals record under Rafa equals if not betters Gayle's since his arrival so seems a weird stance

It's just about who you rate personally to do the business more consistently. I'd back Gayle as well long term, especially considering the way Rafa prefers to set his team out. He's smart enough to give Mitro the chance to stake his own claim though while he's on hot form.