Newcastle United vs Blackburn Rovers - 26/11/16 @ 3:00pm - No TV

HaydnNUFC

Darlow

Yedlin Lascelles Clark Dummett

Ritchie Shelvey Hayden Atsu

Mitro Gayle

MAKE MY DAY RAFA.

Can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to change a winning team/formation.

Can't for the life of me understand why anyone would keep posting 4-4-2 formations despite the fact that Rafa has always and will always play 4-2-3-1

That 4-2-3-1 has often looked 4-4-1-1 and it would be easy to play Mitrovic and Gayle in that formation.

Darlow

Yedlin Lascelles Clark Dummett

Ritchie Shelvey Hayden Atsu

Mitro Gayle

MAKE MY DAY RAFA.

Can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to change a winning team/formation.

Probably because we change the team every single game and it rarely, if ever fails.

Can't for the life of me understand why anyone would keep posting 4-4-2 formations despite the fact that Rafa has always and will always play 4-2-3-1

Yet he said 2 weeks ago that he is willing to play them both together but doesn't know when.

Blackburn are an awful team in relatively awful form compared to us so today wouldn't be the worst time to try.

It'll be when we need a goal with 20 minutes left. Think Norwich at home.

I know what people are saying, but I just think for the time being if it's not broke don't fix it.

Having said that, if we go up I think we'll struggle to get goals with this formation next season as I don't see either Mitro or Gayle as a 20 goal PL striker and I don't see any of the "3" as being capable of chipping in regularly enough to compensate in that league. 4-4-2 could definitely be worth experimenting with later in the season.

Think we might see Lazaar starting today.

He's just posted a photo of his boots on his Instagram story. I doubt he'll start but I think he'll take Colback's place in the squad

Would like to see him given a start in what looks like a reasonable game to win. Rafa might play him and rest Dummett for Tuesday.