Newcastle United 0-1 Blackburn Rovers - 26/11/2016 - post-match from page 11

Yorkie

Fuck my life. Third time, still no win.

People on this forum are freaking incredible. Love you guys.

I was shitting myself cos I couldn't connect with olly who had my ticket and Jill said if it went bad I could have hers. All went well in the end but I'll never forget how friendly you guys were. LFEE, Jill, Neesy, dino, ollymorty and others. First class :)

Guest TheBallWinner

Meh. Nothing to be too worried about. Things will be put right in the next League game.

Perez and Hayden aren't good enough.

We've obviously prioritised the cup game on Tuesday night with making so many changes (uneccessary imo) to the team which I also think is showing Blackburn a little bit of disrespect.

Annoying though that their goal came from the 2nd of 2 corners, the first of which was a blatant goal kick with seemingly only the referee thinking it was a corner.

The predictions in the pre match thread, 3-0, 4-0 etc

We didn't know the line up tbf.

We're chalk and cheese at home, regardless of the line-up tbh. We've had some big, comfortable wins achieved at a canter - juxtaposed with some inexplicable, listless defeats against weak sides.

Could easily have spanked them if everyone had a good day, as we have done on other occasions this season. I don't think the team selection is the reason why we lost.

Don't agree with that. The losses were early on when we were finding our feet. We've been dominant at home and away for a while now with mainly the same team with the odd change to right back, centre mid. This match had changes in every department and it was a bit too much. Shelvey and Gayle are our undroppable players imo. Those two in and the other changes might have done it, but I think Rafa pushed it overall and we got what we deserved.

Massive overreaction IMO, when have we lost with Mitrovic in the team? i don't really remember it happening much. Then you are looking at Atsu and Mbemba instead of Lascelles and Gouffran, so i don't see how the line up is to blame here.

We just played badly and got punished for it for the first time since Wolves, don't particularly see how the lineup is to blame.

There were 6 changes though. Like I said, a few would have maybe been fine, making that many was asking for trouble.

Exactly, 6 was too many, 2 or 3 perhaps but not 6.

Fuck my life. Third time, still no win.

People on this forum are freaking incredible. Love you guys.

I was shitting myself cos I couldn't connect with olly who had my ticket and Jill said if it went bad I could have hers. All went well in the end but I'll never forget how friendly you guys were. LFEE, Jill, Neesy, dino, ollymorty and others. First class :)

Gutted for you mate, rotten luck.

Just watched the highlights. Poor marking from Hayden for the goal.

Don't want to single Hayden out because not one of them delivered anything better than a 5/10 performance today but if Colback had put in a performance as bad as that his thread would be in overdrive about now.

Wasn't confident when I seen the team as Rafa made it clear by resting his captain and top scorer that Tuesday is the priority but I suppose it'll shut the idiots up who want Mitrovic to start with their, "but we always win 6-0 when he starts argument".

Anyway, bad day at the office all round but we're still 2 points clear and 90 minutes away from a League Cup Semi final so things not looking too bad.

The corner that lead to the goal came from a corner which looked like it should have been a goal kick from my seat. Did the referee get it right?

Baffling how their keeper didn't get a card for time wasting

The corner that lead to the goal came from a corner which looked like it should have been a goal kick from my seat. Did the referee get it right?

Baffling how their keeper didn't get a card for time wasting

It certainly didin't look like a corner. The referee was shocking. Amazing to think that he wouldn't stop play for one of our players to get medical attention to a head injury, yet allowed the push-up to come on to take straps holing their keepers socks up and put new ones on.

Just watched the highlights. Poor marking from Hayden for the goal.

Don't want to single Hayden out because not one of them delivered anything better than a 5/10 performance today but if Colback had put in a performance as bad as that his thread would be in overdrive about now.

I bet you used to love Steven Taylor as well. Pure Geordie pashun will win us da league.

If we had to choose 1 then id of taken defeat today and a win on Tuesday aganst Hull like.

Plenty of time to keep up the top but only get 1 shot at a quarter final.

Quite concerned we play Forest 3 days after Hull mind, theyve had a week rest so wouldnt be suprised if we lose again, gets a bit hairy then

Shouldn't be getting beat off these at home like! That's why I'm a 7.5-8.5 on the promotion-meter.

Agreed - the league is by far the most important task and as far as I'm concerned the cup is a distraction and something we can concentrate on when back in the PL. In 1992, when this happened at home to Grimsby, we had gone 11 league games and won them and we had a bigger cushion in points than we do now. This Achilles heel of home defeats(3 v 1 away)is getting to be a concern, esp when it occurs against a poor side and we cannot afford to lose many more games. Brighton are only 1 win behind us and Reading closing too so there cannot be ANY assumption that we are guaranteed to go up. The play-offs are a lottery so automatic promotion is a must. Losing at home or dropping 2 points, can happen but its the manner of defeat that counts and this performance seems to have been very poor. Should have enough quality to beat Blackburn at SJP whichever side Rafa puts out but clearly not. We need a replacement for Perez badly and cover for Shelvey in m/f ; if the latter gets banned by the FA we will struggle in those games.

A LONG way to go yet, a wake-up call for many and like HTT, the reason I won't go higher than an 8 for promotion or even review it until after Christmas.

Guest neesy111

Gouffran more than any f***ing c*** in our side tbh, stats prove it.

Guessing you've completely polished off that bottle of Bombay Sapphire?

We've won more games with him in our side, so don't go finding excuses.