Newcastle United 0-1 Blackburn Rovers - 26/11/2016 - post-match from page 11

Yorkie

This is embarrassing.

I'm not impressed with the arrogance in our starting XI tbh. We got what we deserved.

:thup:

Taking out our only reliable source of goals was begging for this, tbh.

I'm sure a few wanted mitro playing.

Instead of Gayle? Anything who wanted that is a fucking idiot.

Disappointed with the result. I thought Atsu and Ritchie on the pitch at the same time would have created a lot of opportunities for Mitrovic but by the sounds of things none of our players really got going. Not the end of the world by a long stretch and hopefully we're more alive against Hull midweek.

Guest neesy111

This is embarrassing.

I'm not impressed with the arrogance in our starting XI tbh. We got what we deserved.

Taking out our only reliable source of goals was begging for this, tbh.

I'm sure a few wanted mitro playing.

Instead of Gayle? Anything who wanted that is a fucking idiot.

I agree with that.

Nobody just wins every single week all the time. Football isn't like that. Bound to be blips. Just like the wolves game we will bounce back from it. Be worth it if we win at hull

Aye, I'm sure like 99% of fans would have taken a loss today if it meant we won in the cup

Guest alijmitchell

Crap result, sounded totally flat on the radio. We move on. The team we put out there should have beaten them man for man, but there you go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're gonna lose to some utter shit at home this season if we persist with this one striker nonsense, mind. It might work if we had a good no.10 to play off the front but we don't. It's actually our weakest area of the team.

Can't win every week and we were bound to drop points at some point. Not the end of the world, not lost any confidence in Rafa or the team, it's football it sometimes goes against you.

The problems are very obvious today, as well, even from only having listened to the radio - which hopefully makes it easier to rectify. Vulnerability from set pieces and Perez/Mitro simply not working.

I know we're top and I think we'll win the league, but would still love to see some investment in January in order to really solidify the charge.

When Perez arrived you could clearly see how much good stuff he could fit in his pockets, but unfortunately they seem empty now..

Tbf the team in general just didn't seem up for it for whatever reason. I just don't get it how you can't be at the races playing in front of 52k people.

The predictions in the pre match thread, 3-0, 4-0 etc

We didn't know the line up tbf.

We're chalk and cheese at home, regardless of the line-up tbh. We've had some big, comfortable wins achieved at a canter - juxtaposed with some inexplicable, listless defeats against weak sides.

Could easily have spanked them if everyone had a good day, as we have done on other occasions this season. I don't think the team selection is the reason why we lost.