Newcastle United 0-1 Blackburn Rovers - 26/11/2016 - post-match from page 11

Yorkie

The predictions in the pre match thread, 3-0, 4-0 etc

We didn't know the line up tbf.

Does that even get considered when making predictions? You never know the line up until the day.

Changes, Mitrovic. Dummett. Lascelles. That team put out was plenty good enough.

There should be no excuses about what the line up is gonna be

?

We're gonna lose to some utter shit at home this season if we persist with this one striker nonsense, mind. It might work if we had a good no.10 to play off the front but we don't. It's actually our weakest area of the team.

Yep, assuming we get promoted a top quality #10 would be my first priority in the summer.

Guest firetotheworks

We're chalk and cheese at home, regardless of the line-up tbh. We've had some big, comfortable wins achieved at a canter - juxtaposed with some inexplicable, listless defeats against weak sides.

Could easily have spanked them if everyone had a good day, as we have done on other occasions this season. I don't think the team selection is the reason why we lost.

Don't agree with that. The losses were early on when we were finding our feet. We've been dominant at home and away for a while now with mainly the same team with the odd change to right back, centre mid. This match had changes in every department and it was a bit too much. Shelvey and Gayle are our undroppable players imo. Those two in and the other changes might have done it, but I think Rafa pushed it overall and we got what we deserved.

Looking at it, even with a cup win in midweek, there's a high chance we could be 2nd by the end of the next round of league games as we play Forest 3 days after Hull and I'm not sure we could pull off a win there even before today's lost.

Shouldn't be getting beat off these at home like! That's why I'm a 7.5-8.5 on the promotion-meter.

We're much easier to play at home than away, like. We were bloody awful against Cardiff 3 weeks ago, too. We don't have enough threat and penetration when teams set themselves up to stifle. With Gayle off the pitch this is especially true.

Little bit concerning if only for the fact that our next two league games are quite tough so we need to bounce back quick.

Forest unbeaten in their last 3 and won thr last 2 and then Birmingham at Home who are flying and in the play offs. Could be dragged right back into everything if them.results arent favourable

Guest Howaythetoon

Shouldn't be getting beat off these at home like! That's why I'm a 7.5-8.5 on the promotion-meter.

We're much easier to play at home than away, like. We were bloody awful against Cardiff 3 weeks ago, too. We don't have enough threat and penetration when teams set themselves up to stifle. With Gayle off the pitch this is especially true.

Aye and we also lack that one player who can create something out of nothing, a player like Ben Arfa for example. We have fine players in general, but no-one special if you like and a Rafa team needs such a player because games like this (tight games) are quite common.

Looking at it, even with a cup win in midweek, there's a high chance we could be 2nd by the end of the next round of league games as we play Forest 3 days after Hull and I'm not sure we could pull off a win there even before today's lost.

Eh? Have we suddenly become unable to win anything?

We scored from 2 great moves against Cardiff and then sat off in the second, I'd hardly call that lacking penetration. Ipswich also came to sit and were battered. Same with Brentford, no?

Eh? Have we suddenly become unable to win anything?

Some of the reactions seem a tad over the top, dare I say it.

We're chalk and cheese at home, regardless of the line-up tbh. We've had some big, comfortable wins achieved at a canter - juxtaposed with some inexplicable, listless defeats against weak sides.

Could easily have spanked them if everyone had a good day, as we have done on other occasions this season. I don't think the team selection is the reason why we lost.

Don't agree with that. The losses were early on when we were finding our feet. We've been dominant at home and away for a while now with mainly the same team with the odd change to right back, centre mid. This match had changes in every department and it was a bit too much. Shelvey and Gayle are our undroppable players imo. Those two in and the other changes might have done it, but I think Rafa pushed it overall and we got what we deserved.

Massive overreaction IMO, when have we lost with Mitrovic in the team? i don't really remember it happening much. Then you are looking at Atsu and Mbemba instead of Lascelles and Gouffran, so i don't see how the line up is to blame here.

We just played badly and got punished for it for the first time since Wolves, don't particularly see how the lineup is to blame.

Massive overreaction IMO, when have we lost with Mitrovic in the team? i don't really remember it happening much. Then you are looking at Atsu and Mbemba instead of Lascelles and Gouffran, so i don't see how the line up is to blame here.

We just played badly and got punished for it for the first time since Wolves, don't particularly see how the lineup is to blame.

Most of last season

Gamez didn't look match fit at all today, far too many players lost 1 v 1s in the air especially Mitrovic

They bullied us all over the pitch and showed a lot more desire, really poor day.

I'm glad we didn't boo at the end though