Newcastle United 0-1 Blackburn Rovers - 26/11/2016 - post-match from page 11

Yorkie

Based on the team selection we might draw this with focus going on Hull (and that includes being prepared for the possibility of extra time)

But we would have to beat Hull. No excuses.

With the way the season is playing out so far I don't think we need to be looking to draw home games at any time tbh. And probably not any away games either.

Guest firetotheworks

Rafa's obvious trust in Perez is the only thing keeping me from flat out calling him shite tbh. Obviously he's not, but I've had enough of him pondering on the ball match after match.

Huge disclaimer, I'm only listening to the match so it'll be interesting to hear what those who are at the match think.

Based on the team selection we might draw this with focus going on Hull (and that includes being prepared for the possibility of extra time)

But we would have to beat Hull. No excuses.

With the way the season is playing out so far I don't think we need to be looking to draw home games at any time tbh. And probably not any away games either.

You just have to look at the Hull thread or Trophy or Promotion thread and see that a lot want us to beat Hull on Tuesday. It will be our biggest game this season to date and also carries the risk of extra time

So I think on the basis of public opinion, playing a 25% full strength team today and getting a draw is acceptable - so long as our full strength team does the job at Hull.

And on current results we may be getting even further away from Brighton anyhow.