Blackburn Rovers 1-0 Newcastle United - 2/1/2017 - post match bicker from pg.28

Greg

Obviously disappointed but to be totally honest I'm not even near as pissed off as I was after the game against Sheffield. Yes we didn't create a lot today but I still felt that we did well overall. Another day we'd have got a goal or two and people would have said that it was another impressive and dominant away performance. Yes we lack creativity and cutting edge in the last third without doubt, but hopefully we'll manage to correct that in this window so that we don't have to be clinical to win games, so that we can create enough and still afford to miss a few. I'm still pissed off about Colback though.

We'll still win the league :thup: This is our rough patch.

Guest neesy111

Is it better to have a higher win percentage but with more losses or a lower percentage but with more draws instead of defeats?

Hard one for me, obviously higher win percentage means more wins, but I still feel better when you are more unlikely to lose.

Just got home. Lmao.

2 Disallowed goals. 2 Strikes that hit the bar.

They scored 1 with their first attempt.

Bit of a joke really.

Gouff offers absolutely nothing on the wing. Good first touch. Good simple passing. That's it.

Hayden is a strange one... Defensively brilliant. Offensively pathetic. Gives the ball away way too much.

Diame has moments of brilliance, then he's useless.

Ritchie is a class above everyone in the squad but his final product is meh at times...

Anita is amazing.

Gayle is too good for Newcastle.

I disagree with a few of those statements.

i disagree with 3 of them...mainly the ritchie,gayle and anita ones

Is it better to have a higher win percentage but with more losses or a lower percentage but with more draws instead of defeats?

Hard one for me, obviously higher win percentage means more wins, but I still feel better when you are more unlikely to lose.

Isn't this the 3pts v 2pts conversation you started in Promotionometer last week?

A few typical matchday overreactions as per, but there's definitely a worrying trend emerging when we don't score first against teams with a spoiler mentality. The squad lacks creativity outside of Shelvey and we should really be targeting a CM, Winger and #10 in January.

Guest neesy111

Isn't this the 3pts v 2pts conversation you started in Promotionometer last week?

No.  I'm just commentating in terms of having a higher loss percentage than a team normally would in our position, whether that might be encouraging teams in how they play against us in recent games.

Guest neesy111

Was at the game and just catching up, what were the goals disallowed for? They were at the other end to me so couldn't really see?

Offside and Handball.  Both correct decisions.

Just landed, shit bars in Blackburn so headed for the shitty fanzone in freezing temps, better than fuck all.Blackburn fans were like church mice the few that bothered to turn up that is.

Anyway the match, we dominated the first half and the worry was we went in at 0-0 as you felt they must get one chance and they did after what looked from my seat a shocking hack down by Colback, we just knew it would go in.it was evident we were running out of ideas after we had 2 chalked off, please tell me why the second one was as i couldnt see it.

My player comments.

1.Darlow....nothing much to do

2.Anita....was often on his own, done little

3.Clark....steady

4.Lascelles.....wanders around a lot but not dominant captain.

5.Dummett...no overlaps of note, please easy balls backwards

6.Colback...created nothing gave away the free kick again

7.Hayden...flattered to deceive.no killer pass

8.Diame .....was my best player for 60 mins, fell away

9.Ritchie ....again flatters at time, wouldnt go past his man

10.Gouffran....didnt want to stamp himself on the game

11.Gayle...had a great chance in the first half.nothing to feed off.

We lacked drive and belief, we were miles better than them but lost which was poor to see.

The 6900 strong fans were loud but im afraid we all saw the goal coming.

Shit result leaving us vulnerable, the subs didnt look interested especially Perez.

That was my take on it

Just got home. Lmao.

2 Disallowed goals. 2 Strikes that hit the bar.

They scored 1 with their first attempt.

Bit of a joke really.

Gouff offers absolutely nothing on the wing. Good first touch. Good simple passing. That's it.

Hayden is a strange one... Defensively brilliant. Offensively pathetic. Gives the ball away way too much.

Diame has moments of brilliance, then he's useless.

Ritchie is a class above everyone in the squad but his final product is meh at times...

Anita is amazing.

Gayle is too good for Newcastle.

Is this a pisstake?

Was at the game and just catching up, what were the goals disallowed for? They were at the other end to me so couldn't really see?

Offside and handball.

No complaints there mind. Both correct decisions.

Absolutely knew they'd grab one after we wasted so many chances in the 1st half. Mega frustrating.

Guest neesy111

Would have been mint if we benefited from a controversial handball decision against Blackburn for a change

2003 home game are you alluding to?

Would have been mint if we benefited from a controversial handball decision against Blackburn for a change

2003 home game are you alluding to?

Swear there was a late Pedersen handball goal against us int he Souness era. Possibly helped get him sacked though...

Guest neesy111

I'm sure Gamst Pedersen and Paul Gallagher both scored handball goals against us in consecutive seasons at SJP. May be wrong

2003 home game Gallagher definitely had one.

The quality of the football is fucking awful. It's looking likely we've been sussed and Rafa has no plan B.

"he'll need to spend" I'm fucking sick of hearing. If he can't muster a performance after seriously outspending everyone in the league he shouldn't be given anymore. That was humiliating today.

The quality of the football is fucking awful. It's looking likely we've been sussed and Rafa has no plan B.

"he'll need to spend" I'm fucking sick of hearing. If he can't muster a performance after seriously outspending everyone in the league he shouldn't be given anymore. That was humiliating today.

Who do you want to replace him then?