Newcastle United 3-1 Birmingham - 18/01/2017 - Post-match reaction from page 14

Greg

Just because there is the demand from a few people on here doesn't make it worth while.

Full match replays of games are really useful to some fans like. I wouldn't watch them as I cannot be arsed but for anyone analysing our play/writing about it it's pretty much vital - even if demand across the board isn't too high.

I cannot really blame Dan King or anyone else working on the website for not wanting to do it if it's not getting many hits like, it's just extra work for them.

I absolutely cannot abide John Anderson at the best of times, so I'm never likely to stand up for that coverage... but the Talksport folks actually describe what's happening. Ando just grunts and groans and guffaws, with a bit of description every 30 seconds or so. Steve Harper on Talksport, too, who doesn't seem to absolutely detest life.

"YAHHH" (interrupting other person's sentence) "DEY'VE BEEN POOHR" x 90 minutes

I'm not from the toon so only listen occasionally but isn't he the one from Belfast? If so its not really his fault like he's probably considered a chipper optimist in Northern Ireland.

I absolutely cannot abide John Anderson at the best of times, so I'm never likely to stand up for that coverage... but the Talksport folks actually describe what's happening. Ando just grunts and groans and guffaws, with a bit of description every 30 seconds or so. Steve Harper on Talksport, too, who doesn't seem to absolutely detest life.

"YAHHH" (interrupting other person's sentence) "DEY'VE BEEN POOHR" x 90 minutes

I'm not from the toon so only listen occasionally but isn't he the one from Belfast? If so its not really his fault like he's probably considered a chipper optimist in Northern Ireland.

Dublin.

But yeah, I'm from N. Ireland. He'd be the life and soul of the party over here.

I genuinely didn't know who Findlay and ElMhanni were. Neither did anything really wrong just both looked lacking experience. As did Barlaser. But that's obvious... I'd play them vs Oxford.

When I told my 8 year old who was playing tonight, he piped up with: "Ahhh El-Mhanni, he's cracking! He's just like Messi!!" Turns out this level of 'optimism(?)' is based on this:

If they ever invent stationary football, the logical conclusion to walking football, this guy would be ace.

Nice. Can see all the hard work they put into uploading this.  Adding a shit 10 second intro and putting an NUFCTV logo it.  Doubt they had time to do anything else today  :o

I mean, this is a Mike Ashley organisation. They most likely have about 2 staff members looking after NUFCTV. And only one of them has a PC, which was probably purchased in 2005.

Nice. Can see all the hard work they put into uploading this.  Adding a shit 10 second intro and putting an NUFCTV logo it.  Doubt they had time to do anything else today  :o

I mean, this is a Mike Ashley organisation. They most likely have about 2 staff members looking after NUFCTV. And only one of them has a PC, which was probably purchased in 2005.

TBF most teams only have one or two people in charge of media.

Just finished watching the first half. There's about a 15 minute period after our first goal that's about as dull as any game of football I've ever seen. We're basically just passing it around our back four and to Shelvey and Tiote and back again. Birmingham aren't doing much to get possession back either, just standing there and letting us roll the ball around, it's like a pre season training session :lol:

Just finished watching the first half. There's about a 15 minute period after our first goal that's about as dull as any game of football I've ever seen. We're basically just passing it around our back four and to Shelvey and Tiote and back again. Birmingham aren't doing much to get possession back either, just standing there and letting us roll the ball around, it's like a pre season training session :lol:

Sounds like the league match at home against them.

Guest firetotheworks

Dunno if I've just remembered it wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Spain vs England in around 2006 was the most boring match of all time. The one where the only thing that was talked about after was the Shaun Wright Phillips racial abuse.

Just finished watching this back. Quite liked the look of Barlaser - quite tidy, picked some nice passes, could be a nice alternative in the middle to Hayden/Colback. Lazaar did quite well too - was more involved than Yedlin on the other flank at least - and I really hope he's going to be in the mix for a start soon. El Mhanni was quiet - looks a bit lightweight (there was a moment in the first half where he did well, drove to the byline after a couple of stepovers only to be brushed aside by Brum's right back before he could cross), not particularly quick but seemed to grow into the game a bit more in the second half. Findlay looked decent on the ball but was seldom tested defensively. Shelvey was a clear cut above everyone on the pitch and frankly strolled through the game - in a good way.