Newcastle United 4-0 Rotherham United - 21/01/2017 post match comments from pg17

Disco

I echo the statements on the thread. Once we're ahead, we look strong. The formation works well once we're in the lead.

Might be wrong, but I have the feeling Rafa's system has always worked like that. Obviously there are one off performances which dispute that, but I remember his Liverpool team were capable of destroying teams once they took the lead.

Happy with the clean sheet and extend our GD. Makes up for those pathetic 1 goal losses to Blackburn and Wednesday.

Reading's game in hand virtually irrelevant to us now. Only Brighton's looks important though we could just beat them again.

Just caught up with the highlights,looks like a really good display!were we lucky not to go dwn to 10 darlow looks like he pulled rotherhams player foot back wen he has an open goal which allows defender to get back?hightlights didn't show our possible penalty

why are we so shite at home [emoji38]

We're slow, static and predictable, basically.

Looking forward to the inevitable smug lampooning of negative comments throughout this thread if we happen to sneak a win today.

Didn't sneak a win though.  We crushed them.

Well exactly.

Guest neesy111

Brighton fans seem to think they should have had a penalty at 0-0 and Darlow sent off? (just before that ridiculous save I think)

Did anything happen that I missed or are they being a bunch of whoppas?

Did look like Darlow tugged their player back on first viewing.  We should have had a pen in the first 2 mins mind.

Brighton fans seem to think they should have had a penalty at 0-0 and Darlow sent off? (just before that ridiculous save I think)

Did anything happen that I missed or are they being a bunch of whoppas?

As Darlow tries to reach for the ball after he spilt it, he accidentally grabs the players foot as the player take the ball away from Darlow, had the player went down it would have been a pen, not sure on a red.

Around thirty seconds in here:

Yeah that's nowhere even close to a red :lol:

If he falls it's probably given like (the penalty). Punished for staying on his feet.

Not so sure mind, need to see it again but if he doesn't grab him he stays on his feet and has an open goal. Like I say, need to see it again though

If he falls it's probably given like (the penalty). Punished for staying on his feet.

Not so sure mind, need to see it again but if he doesn't grab him he stays on his feet and has an open goal. Like I say, need to see it again though

Maybe, sky highlights only show 1 angle of everything for some reason.

Haven't seen the game back but thought Rotherham did really well first half to man mark Shelvey out of the game and squeezed high up the pitch. Their tactic of  letting Lascelles play it out from the back worked pretty well as his distribution was pretty average.

Delighted we got the win and had a comfortable second half though

Ciaran Clark's flat out sprint to keep the ball in play in the 93rd minute was a pretty special moment too. Shows what a good professional the lad is. Never thought I'd say that when we signed him. Pleased to be proved wrong.

Yeah I loved that

Ciaran Clark's flat out sprint to keep the ball in play in the 93rd minute was a pretty special moment too. Shows what a good professional the lad is. Never thought I'd say that when we signed him. Pleased to be proved wrong.

His tackle in front of the Gallowgate was superb.

Nearly killed the Rotherham player, but a great old school tackle.

Maybe, sky highlights only show 1 angle of everything for some reason.

A different angle here: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/10738206/newcastles-karl-darlow-made-huge-mistake-before-wonder-save-against-rotherham

Love that Sky thought that the fuck up was so good it needed its own article :lol: