Newcastle United 2-2 Queens Park Rangers - 01/02/17 - 19:45

BlueStar

Just back from the match.. Awful first half, comfortably the most pedestrian we've been this season and QPR more than deserved their goal.

Second half we should have won it three times over. Sammy coming on and us playing with two actual wide players and a striker making runs made a hell of a difference. Perez's confidence is completely shot. He worked hard closing down but you just can't waste chances like that although from where I was the Gouffran chance looked equally as bad a miss.

Hayden had a very odd performance. He was well off the pace and out fought in the middle yet made some nice plays in the final 3rd. Yedlin was shite.

It's hard to be too disappointed because we should have strolled it but at the same time a point at home to QPR is a massive dent to our promotion hopes. We certainly didn't look like a team

that's definitely going up in the early stages.

If you come off your line you have to be certain of claiming the ball.

He wouldn't have known that Clark was going to leap like a fish with no one near him tbf.

If he'd shouted KEEPERS BALL he'd have been a damn sight more sure that Clark would leave it??

If he'd thought that he was going to leap for a ball with no one near him he might have shouted.

If there was an attacker behind Clark and he'd left it he'd have been shot with s***, he's always going for that unless the keeper shouts for it.

There wasn't an attacker behind Clark, I think that's what caught Darlow out, plus the cross was low and quick so it happened very quickly. If it had been floated a bit more that's where you generally get the keeper calling.

Yes but Clark didn't know that and didn't have time to look before making a decision on dealing with it. This is where he's relying on his keeper to give him a shout if he doesn't need to play it. If he'd had a shout and still gone for it it would have been his fault.

If Darloe really isn't sure because as you say it was a low hard cross he could even play it safe and stay on his line whilst leaving it for Clark to deal with.

Not coming for the ball without a shout is something he should have been learning in the under-11s

Just back from the match.. Awful first half, comfortably the most pedestrian we've been this season and QPR more than deserved their goal.

Second half we should have won it three times over. Sammy coming on and us playing with two actual wide players and a striker making runs made a hell of a difference. Perez's confidence is completely shot. He worked hard closing down but you just can't waste chances like that although from where I was the Gouffran chance looked equally as bad a miss.

Hayden had a very odd performance. He was well off the pace and out fought in the middle yet made some nice plays in the final 3rd. Yedlin was shite.

It's hard to be too disappointed because we should have strolled it but at the same time a point at home to QPR is a massive dent to our promotion hopes. We certainly didn't look like a team

that's definitely going up in the early stages.

Yedlin looked podgy and pedestrian today. His main asset was supposed to be his speed but he looked like he was struggling today. Maybe it's the pap haircut.

Guest neesy111

He wouldn't have known that Clark was going to leap like a fish with no one near him tbf.

If he'd shouted KEEPERS BALL he'd have been a damn sight more sure that Clark would leave it??

If he'd thought that he was going to leap for a ball with no one near him he might have shouted.

If there was an attacker behind Clark and he'd left it he'd have been shot with s***, he's always going for that unless the keeper shouts for it.

There wasn't an attacker behind Clark, I think that's what caught Darlow out, plus the cross was low and quick so it happened very quickly. If it had been floated a bit more that's where you generally get the keeper calling.

Yes but Clark didn't know that and didn't have time to look before making a decision on dealing with it. This is where he's relying on his keeper to give him a shout if he doesn't need to play it. If he'd had a shout and still gone for it it would have been his fault.

If Darloe really isn't sure because as you say it was a low hard cross he could even play it safe and stay on his line whilst leaving it for Clark to deal with.

Not coming for the ball without a shout is something he should have been learning in the under-11s

This.

It's pretty basic play tbh

Guest neesy111

I felt a bit sorry for Ayoze and the two missed chances. He was right to shoot for the first.

I bet you cry at the two minute filler interviews on This Morning when Tracey Pleb's son has died or something.

If you think Perez shooting was the right decision then you're either mental or blind fwiw.

You need to take another look at it. There was a defender only about a yard away from Ritchie who would have had a good chance of cutting off a pass or blocking his shot.

It's a matter of playing the percentages. You have to shoot in a position like that unless there's a team-mate completely free.

I don't agree. The pass was the best chance of scoring. Even if he'd hit it off the end of the keeper's right leg it likely wouldn't have deflected towards Ritchie or the defender.

The pass on the second chance was absolutely laughable, as if a genuine fan can sit and "feel sorry" for a player when they f*** two massive goalscoring chances up so royally because of their lack of ability and composure :lol:

Pillow is spot on here.

Was it a stamp on Sammy, by the way?

I missed it but Yedlin seemed sure it was.

He landed fully on Sammy's back but hard to say for sure it was deliberate.

One of those where only the player knows for certain whether he could have avoided it. Impossible to tell for anyone else.

He thought it was going over Clark's head obviously. He really had to leap to reach it and with there being no one near him it caught Darlow by surprise.

I felt a bit sorry for Ayoze and the two missed chances. He was right to shoot for the first.

I bet you cry at the two minute filler interviews on This Morning when Tracey Pleb's son has died or something.

If you think Perez shooting was the right decision then you're either mental or blind fwiw.

You need to take another look at it. There was a defender only about a yard away from Ritchie who would have had a good chance of cutting off a pass or blocking his shot.

It's a matter of playing the percentages. You have to shoot in a position like that unless there's a team-mate completely free.

I don't agree. The pass was the best chance of scoring. Even if he'd hit it off the end of the keeper's right leg it likely wouldn't have deflected towards Ritchie or the defender.

The pass on the second chance was absolutely laughable, as if a genuine fan can sit and "feel sorry" for a player when they f*** two massive goalscoring chances up so royally because of their lack of ability and composure :lol:

Pillow is spot on here.

New bedding?

Guest neesy111

This squad needs to start stepping up along with the manager.  Defence has been bad since backend of November, midfield isn't bringing control to our games.

Best paid manager along with the best paid squad.

Seeing the whole picture, Darlow had nothing to gain by coming off his line. Clark heads it out, no bother. Clark heads it towards goal, easy save, Clark misses it, goal kick or collect it on the second bounce. Wank keeping.

Guest neesy111

He thought it was going over Clark's head obviously. He really had to leap to reach it and with there being no one near him it caught Darlow by surprise.

That's not correct.

What an all-round disaster of a performance. Played utterly shite for the most part yet still should have won by 3 and gifted them a point. Some absolutely shocking performances out there today mind:

Lascelles - Seemed to have no awareness and collapsed under pressure everytime. Would have been fitting if he got the own goal.

Hayden - lost the ball near enough every time he had it. Proper 2/10 performance.

Perez - Is he fucking broken? The second one, dear me. So bereft of confidence he fucking punted it backwards.

Play like that against Derby and we'll be torn apart.

I cannot remember Krul making as many errors that resulted in goals for us, in such a short time period. Must be Darlow's 4th or 5th already this season.

I don't remember Krul being as bad as everyone was making out, and I didn't think Darlow was that bad today.

I know Mitrovic is public enemy number 1 on here lately but I'm really not seeing what Murphy offered today that Mitrovic couldn't have improved on.

More evidently it demonstrated how desperate we are for Gayle to get back.

And if he'd given Clark the shout it probably would have gone over his head cos he'd have left it for Darlow to claim.

Anyway I think we've done this to death now feller and we're not going to agree :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bang average side we have become.i thought we classy in the first half of the season but now.

Let this sink in.....Daryl Murphy subbed for Sammy Ameobi, with Gouffran up front Darlow in goal .......that is us, throw in Perez and fucking hell we are a pile of shite.

Its still no time to panic but i detect a lack of fight in the team, a lack of a leader, a lack of something.

It needed freshening up, we fucked that up.

I know Mitrovic is public enemy number 1 on here lately but I'm really not seeing what Murphy offered today that Mitrovic couldn't have improved on.

More evidently it demonstrated how desperate we are for Gayle to get back.

Yep, ineffective performance from Murphy tonight as good as he's been lately.

I'd be tempted to start two strikers on Saturday (I know I know) and go for the throat from the off. Derby are in good form at the moment but from the little I've seen of them they struggle with a high tempo. we need to make sure we grasp the momentum and keep it.