Stuart Pearce

Nicky

We need more honesty from managers,  like him.  On his BBC website interview he's asked about Karade's dive and what he thought of it.  Compare this with Mark Hughes interview...

"Many managers would stand here and give you some bullshit story - i'm not prepared to do that. The ref got the right decision,  i'll speak with him during the week and it wont happen again."

Brilliant.  Hats off to him  :thup:

We need more honesty from managers,  like him.  On his BBC website interview he's asked about Karade's dive and what he thought of it.  Compare this with Mark Hughes interview...

"Many managers would stand here and give you some bullshit story - i'm not prepared to do that. The ref got the right decision,  i'll speak with him during the week and it wont happen again."

:lol:  :thup:

We need more honesty from managers,  like him.   On his BBC website interview he's asked about Karade's dive and what he thought of it.  Compare this with Mark Hughes interview...

Did I spell it wrong then?  Oh well. 

Guest optimistic nit

Did I spell it wrong then? Oh well.

you spelt a different name :lol:

It came across as very rehearsed to me.

It may have been, in that he's probably done 3 or 4 interviews to various different channels.  Regardless, it was the truth.

You could tell he'd been longing for the opportunity to say it, though. I just can't stand managers like Pearce, full of clichés, always wanting to say the right thing, and come across as well as they possibly can.. regardless of wether what they're coming out with actually ties in with what they really believe.

It came across as very rehearsed to me.

It may have been, in that he's probably done 3 or 4 interviews to various different channels.  Regardless, it was the truth.

You could tell he'd been longing for the opportunity to say it, though. I just can't stand managers like Pearce, full of clichés, always wanting to say the right thing, and come across as well as they possibly can.. regardless of wether what they're coming out with actually ties in with what they really believe.

Ah, I get what you mean then.  Still, I've always quite like Pearce. 

I like Pearce, but his likeable character always overlooks the fact that he's a pretty shit manager.

Uh-huh. There are a lot of things I can criticise Pearce for - Stupid long ball tactics, complete inability to forge a style of play that gets anything out of his 2 best players (technically) Samaras and Ireland, signing Paul Dickov, tonguing Taggart's arse the day the day before the derby, playing 451 with a no pace striker....I could go on (For far longer than I would like).

...BUT! you can't slate his standards and man management skills. Thatcher decapitated Mendes, since he came back hes been a right little angel. Richards threw a hissy fit when he got subbed, seen nothing like it since. I can virtually guarantee Corradi won't dive again. I think its probably Pearce's biggest plus and its a big plus for the game. It's a shame a lot of other managers aren't willing to notice when their players do anything wrong.

I like Pearce, but his likeable character always overlooks the fact that he's a pretty shit manager.

Uh-huh. There are a lot of things I can criticise Pearce for - Stupid long ball tactics, complete inability to forge a style of play that gets anything out of his 2 best players (technically) Samaras and Ireland, signing Paul Dickov, tonguing Taggart's arse the day the day before the derby, playing 451 with a no pace striker....I could go on (For far longer than I would like).

...BUT! you can't slate his standards and man management skills. Thatcher decapitated Mendes, since he came back hes been a right little angel. Richards threw a hissy fit when he got subbed, seen nothing like it since. I can virtually guarantee Corradi won't dive again. I think its probably Pearce's biggest plus and its a big plus for the game. It's a shame a lot of other managers aren't willing to notice when their players do anything wrong.

How old is Ireland btw? Always thought he was a youngen but he looks about 40!

From the scalp down he's 20.

From the scalp down he's 20.

:lol: Cheers, poor bugger!