Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Newcastle United - 11/02/17 @ 1730 - Live on Sky

Obviously saving Gayle for midweek which I can understand after 4 weeks out, however I feel his pace is a key part of our away tactics and although Murphy has done ok he is to immobile for a counter attacking game. Mitrovic is not that much mobile himself and has been wasteful of his opportunities given to him recently. Not very confident for this one as we are still not playing well and that lack of pace within the team apart from Yedlin is a big issue and I would be tempted to play Atsu for this one as he has been in decent form in Africa. Wolves are a team which are mainly poor but can provide some decent performance every now and again.

Shelvey will have the Wolves players winding him up expecting a reaction and he needs to let his skills with the ball do the talking as he will be under the limelight bigtime tomorrow. Hopefully he is pissed off after what happened and is fired up for a big performance.

Hadn't even thought of that tbh, you're bang on. Haven't seen anything since he came back to suggest he'll be able to control himself either. :undecided:

Obviously saving Gayle for midweek which I can understand after 4 weeks out, however I feel his pace is a key part of our away tactics and although Murphy has done ok he is to immobile for a counter attacking game. Mitrovic is not that much mobile himself and has been wasteful of his opportunities given to him recently. Not very confident for this one as we are still not playing well and that lack of pace within the team apart from Yedlin is a big issue and I would be tempted to play Atsu for this one as he has been in decent form in Africa. Wolves are a team which are mainly poor but can provide some decent performance every now and again.

Shelvey will have the Wolves players winding him up expecting a reaction and he needs to let his skills with the ball do the talking as he will be under the limelight bigtime tomorrow. Hopefully he is p*ssed off after what happened and is fired up for a big performance.

Hadn't even thought of that tbh, you're bang on. Haven't seen anything since he came back to suggest he'll be able to control himself either. :undecided:

Why would he be more likely to be wound up against them than anyone else, Surely every team he comes up against will know what he's like and try the same thing. He snapped last time cos we were getting beat and playing poop.

If he considers they stitched him up regarding what was a very serious charge, then I'm sure he'll be more sensitive to their baiting. He'll always be known as a racist in some eyes because of that match. Like I said, he was straight back into being a radgy cunt after coming back from the ban so it's not like he looks like he's learnt any lesson about keeping his mouth shut or staying out of trouble.

Wolves fan on the TF pod suggested that their fans will target him throughout the game too which worries me. We can't have him getting another lengthy ban by doing something daft on the pitch.m

If he scores it'll sharp shut them up.

If he considers they stitched him up regarding what was a very serious charge, then I'm sure he'll be more sensitive to their baiting. He'll always be known as a racist in some eyes because of that match. Like I said, he was straight back into being a radgy c*** after coming back from the ban so it's not like he looks like he's learnt any lesson about keeping his mouth shut or staying out of trouble.

Aye, quite possible.

Wolves fan on the TF pod suggested that their fans will target him throughout the game too which worries me. We can't have him getting another lengthy ban by doing something daft on the pitch.m

They doubtlessly will be out to get a reaction from him but even he will be expecting it surely. He's just got to carry on with his job like a sensible human being without losing his rag that's all. It's probably easier said than done but he's a professional footballer and it's a pretty basic part of the job.

I'd forgotten about the Shelvey effect too and this certainly isn't gonna help the situation

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2017/02/10/hot-molineux-reception-assured-for-jonjo-shelvey-after-racially-absuing-romain-saiss/

Let him continue as captain today, I think it gives him an extra sense of responsibility. Makes him think a bit more before acting.

Meh. Most footballers produce their best stuff on the back of being abused.

Johnson scoring twice (home and away) against us being a example.

When he scored at SJP it was before the allegations were made against him mind

Rafa will have him prepared.

He's suggested that Shelvey needs to grow up and not get caught up in attempts by opponents to bait him. Rafa was also full of praise for Shelvey's talent, but basically he's expecting Shelvey to be able to handle shite players trying to get under his skin.

This is the perfect springboard game. Really hoping we cut out the mistakes and put in a good shift and get all the points. We need a new run of form as we go in to the business end of the season, we've had our grind out win last week and now we need to control this one.