Essien's goal

Guest stormrider

The thing I like about the Essien goal is that he knew it was in as soon as it left his foot. Check the replays, he's already celebrating and the ball's only jiust entered the 18-yard box! :lol:

Felt the same when I was watching it on TV, tbf.

I bet he if tried again he couldnt do it

That's a ridiculous thing to say though.  Take any goal scored in history, by anyone (as long as it's not a tap in), and ask them to replicate it and the chances are they can't.  That doesn't mean the goal is all luck and/or shite.  There's always an element of luck in any shot.

But Maradonas goal v England  :wullie: is generally voted as best ever goal in these polls.

A classic combo of the two was Beardsleys last gasp winner v Spurs in 1993. Beat three players and launched a cracker into the top corner.  blueyes.gif

But Maradonas goal v England  :wullie: is generally voted as best ever goal in these polls.

A classic combo of the two was Beardsleys last gasp winner v Spurs in 1993. Beat three players and launched a cracker into the top corner.  blueyes.gif

Handy things, those DVD's.

The long range ones are obviously more exciting as they go in within a flash but there's something about a Maradona, Best or Garrincha taking on about 4 or 5 players that is so hard for other people to produce. Not saying it's easy but it's far easier to wack a ball in on the off chance as you can get lucky whereas the likes of Shearer etc have made it an art, but being able to take on several players requires an amazing bit of genius in the make up that only a minority of players are capable of doing.

The long range ones are obviously more exciting as they go in within a flash but there's something about a Maradona, Best or Garrincha taking on about 4 or 5 players that is so hard for other people to produce. Not saying it's easy but it's far easier to wack a ball in on the off chance as you can get lucky whereas the likes of Shearer etc have made it an art, but being able to take on several players requires an amazing bit of genius in the make up that only a minority of players are capable of doing.

Something like Ibrahimovic goal for ajax (was it against Nac Breda?) that was one hell of a goal... (and you dont need to tell me that it's not the best league  bluewink.gif

But still one of the best goals i have ever seen in my life...

And he's playing really well again after the poor last season he had with Juve. First choice striker  for Inter atm..

Cant believe some people were saying that he's shit and vastly overrated..Just because he had a bad season (which i blame Capello for)

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Maradona could do both tbh. One of the best goals I've seen he scored for Napoli, he wasn't even looking at the goal, he was just looking at the ball knew exactly what he was doing first time bang keeper no chance amazing Maradona is the best

For me what made Essiens goal so good was the fact that Lehmann seen the shot but couldnt save it where as Taylors goal althou a fantastic strike has to go down as a keeper error because Howard could of and should of just caught it.

Not sure about that tbh, was off his line and caught completely unawares! Wasn't like Taylor hit a floater than just went it, he hit it with some power, a complete snap shot and the amount it dipped was amazing!

For me what made Essiens goal so good was the fact that Lehmann seen the shot but couldnt save it where as Taylors goal althou a fantastic strike has to go down as a keeper error because Howard could of and should of just caught it.

Can't believe someone would use Howard's positioning to discredit Taylor's goal. The reason why it was a goal was because the shot was just too perfect.

PS:

could OF and should OF just caught it.

:wullie:

Not sure about that tbh, was off his line and caught completely unawares! Wasn't like Taylor hit a floater than just went it, he hit it with some power, a complete snap shot and the amount it dipped was amazing!

Yea it did dip alot and thats what caught Howard out but if Howard thought for 1 minute it was going in i believe he could of got to it, Ive seen it quite often where keepers get caught out. Dont get me wrong it was a fantastic shot but if Given was beat by that shot i'd be blaming him, Where as i dont think any keeper would of saved Essiens goal.

just saw taylor's goal, quite amazing.  I'm not gonna bother saying which one i think is better because they're both amazing for different reasons.

It's called gravity, and it's much easier to make use of than putting unbelievable swerve and pace on a ball with the outside of the right foot to beat one of the world's best goalkeepers from 30 yards out.. For me it's got to be Essien's goal, because no goalkeeper in the world would have stopped it, whereas in Taylor's case, although an excellent, intuitive effort, it should have never gone in if Howard had been paying attention.

It's called gravity, and it's much easier to make use of than putting unbelievable swerve and pace on a ball with the outside of the right foot to beat one of the world's best goalkeepers from 30 yards out.. For me it's got to be Essien's goal, because no goalkeeper in the world would have stopped it, whereas in Taylor's case, although an excellent, intuitive effort, it should have never gone in if Howard had been paying attention.

Aye that was just gravity playing its part  :thup: :lol:

It's called gravity....

:lol: ... just nullified the rest of your opinion tbh ;)