Newcastle United v Bristol City - 25/02/17 @ 3:00pm (no TV)

Disco

I wouldn't rest anyone unless they're actually injured. Bette to go all out to win this one and then we can afford some setbacks in the big games coming up.

Definitely agree with this. It's exactly the sort of game we tend to trip up in. First choice xi and fully up for it please. Remember when we made all those changes against blackburn ahead of the away games at hull and forest and it all went tits up anyway? Got to take the "easy" points when they're there and worry about the harder stuff when it comes.

So, start Ritchie, tell him to watch his backchat and no stupid sliding tackles across fullbacks clearing the ball -it's not that hard surely- and if we go 2 or 3 up, then look at bringing him and shelvey off.

Also, probably an unpopular opinion but assuming it's Mitro as striker I'd play Perez ahead of Diame. He's looked better recently, and for some reason him and mitro both seem to look better when they're played together.

I wouldn't rest anyone unless they're actually injured. Bette to go all out to win this one and then we can afford some setbacks in the big games coming up.

Definitely agree with this. It's exactly the sort of game we tend to trip up in. First choice xi and fully up for it please. Remember when we made all those changes against blackburn ahead of the away games at hull and forest and it all went tits up anyway? Got to take the "easy" points when they're there and worry about the harder stuff when it comes.

So, start Ritchie, tell him to watch his backchat and no stupid sliding tackles across fullbacks clearing the ball -it's not that hard surely- and if we go 2 or 3 up, then look at bringing him and shelvey off.

Also, probably an unpopular opinion but assuming it's Mitro as striker I'd play Perez ahead of Diame. He's looked better recently, and for some reason him and mitro both seem to look better when they're played together.

I'd play both Diame and Ayoze like