Huddersfield Town 1-3 Newcastle United - 04/03/17 - post match craic from p24

BlueStar

How wasn't he? Him, Shelvey and Ritchie were everywhere.

EDIT: This is the kind of game I'm fine with him playing in, even in the Premiership he can do this kind of job. Doesn't stop running, niggles and annoys the opposition and pretty much never gives the ball away.

Guest ElCid

5 - we had 4 really good chances from 25 yards... why don't we try that more often?!?

:lol:

Honestly they are a bunch of bitter muppets - didn't think I would see any set of supporters come close to the mackems but they are giving them a run for their money.

How wasn't he? Him, Shelvey and Ritchie were everywhere.

EDIT: This is the kind of game I'm fine with him playing in, even in the Premiership he can do this kind of job. Doesn't stop running, niggles and annoys the opposition and pretty much never gives the ball away.

He's was poor again today, his tackling was embarrassing.  He was rarely on the ball and when he wasn't he was usually taking up good positions then standing on the spot while the game had moved on.  They had a shot at one point and the ball went past him at head/shoulder height and he turned his back to the ball, he's a car crash of a player, even at this level.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not gonna take too much from that Huddersfield Forum tbh. Thinking about the mood I'm in when we've lost, it's hard to see the wood for the trees and when you've had shit loads of possession it probably adds to it. The bottom line that they'll probably realise tomorrow is that we allowed them the possession that they had.

I don't really understand this idea that Colback has done well recently, he;s basically just playing to block off some space in midfield and he struggles to do that usually. With us playing more defensively it at least suits him more so he doesn't get exposed in open spaces. He's in the team because there's literally no one else.

Guest firetotheworks

I wouldn't say people are saying he's done well, more just that he's done his job in this one particular match, which he did tbf.

Colback 'poor' today man, howay. He done exactly what was asked of him. He's shite but his 2 'good' qualities of being a dog chasing a bone and playing simple passes is pretty helpful when your midfield's game plan is to effectively cover ground for 90 minutes.

Colback 'poor' today man, howay. He done exactly what was asked of him. He's s**** but his 2 'good' qualities of being a dog chasing a bone and playing simple passes is pretty helpful when your midfield's game plan is to effectively cover ground for 90 minutes.

So Rafa asked him to to very little other than get booked?  OK.

did anyone hear their c*** of an announcer slagging off the referee at half time for giving us that pen? well out of order.

Did he? :lol:

ok, not exactly slagging  - but implying that he'd made a mistake.

Colback 'poor' today man, howay. He done exactly what was asked of him. He's shite but his 2 'good' qualities of being a dog chasing a bone and playing simple passes is pretty helpful when your midfield's game plan is to effectively cover ground for 90 minutes.

I think his main quality for Rafa is positional tbh, he's not likely to go wandering, and yes he doesn't lose the ball as he keeps it simple. Does the job that's asked even if he can't run or tackle for shit.

Colback 'poor' today man, howay. He done exactly what was asked of him. He's s**** but his 2 'good' qualities of being a dog chasing a bone and playing simple passes is pretty helpful when your midfield's game plan is to effectively cover ground for 90 minutes.

So Rafa asked him to to very little other than get booked?  OK.

Look at how well our defence was protected man. You don't get that if your midfielders aren't doing something right

Look at how well our defence was protected man. You don't get that if your midfielders aren't doing something right

He was getting into some good defensive positions at times to cut passes out then spoiled it for me because as soon as the ball moved he was usually taken out through a lack of movement.  I think it would be difficult to get a professional footballer who is less effective than he is so regularly.

24% possession. [emoji38]

Sounds like we played the perfect gameplan against a team that likes the ball.

Watched the whole game and didn't realise our possession was much less than theirs. Oh well. Didn't really feel like we were being dominated...