Huddersfield Town 1-3 Newcastle United - 04/03/17 - post match craic from p24

BlueStar

Aaron Mooy wearing a short sleeved shirt and gloves. What is that all about?

Some people just have cold hands/fingers I think. Medical condition like. Worked with a bloke who did. Would come in in fingerless gloves and a short sleeved shirt in the summer. Sat there all day typing. Said the office A/C made his hands uncomfortable. Never liked him.

We done superb again. Should have been 1-2 though as there was a handball by Shelvey before Richie was fouled and whether he was actually clipped I don't know but we've had things work against us at times too this season it happens every team. Just happy we won and we'll be in the big league again next year bar the greatest fuck up in the club's history.

We done superb again. Should have been 1-2 though as there was a handball by Shelvey before Richie was fouled and whether he was actually clipped I don't know but we've had things work against us at times too this season it happens every team. Just happy we won and we'll be in the big league again next year bar the greatest f*** up in the club's history.

I thought both penalties were soft, I thought the lad who went down for theirs had his right arm across Shelvey trying to block him and that was what caused the coming together.

Couldn't read the temperature gauge as his eyes are too close together and squinty due to convict genes.

Couldn't read the temperature gauge as his eyes are too close together and squinty due to convict genes.

:lol:

:lol:

Missed the game but what a result. Can someone some up how we played please?

We defended and scored 3 goals, that's about it.

Sounds great to me. :thup:

That Championship table is looking tremendous.

We defended and scored 3 goals, that's about it.

:thup:

Professional job. Up against it and let them have the ball for 90% of the game. Well organised unit with a few refereeing decisions our way. We won comfortably. I'd argue that Huddersfield will seriously push Brighton for 2nd place. 1st is ours. 200%

Huddersfield had all of the ball (we had under 30% possession), however their only chances aside from the penalty were long range shots and they couldn't break us down. We hit them on the break and scored pretty much every time. Our first goal was a penalty which admittedly shouldn't have been given (but they got a penalty that shouldn't have been given), then both their keepers (1st choice subbed at half time) cocked up, which allowed us score our other 2 goals. Our 3rd goal was because their keeper came up for a corner in the 90th minute despite their being 4 minutes added on. The ball was cleared then they cleared it away to Clark who hit long and their keeper came out of his box to gather it up but realised he couldn't catch the ball so headed it behind him and Gayle ran on to it.

Guest palnese

An Englishman and Irishman and a Scotsman...

No this isn't the start of a joke, that's just who scored against Huddersfield today

Sat back and allowed them onto us and looked to hit them on the counter. Worked perfectly for the first half in that they had the possession but we controlled the game entirely and the 0-2 scoreline was a fair reflection.

Second half I thought we got pushed back a bit too deep and didn't counter as well, but we still defended superbly, and it took a dodgy penalty for them to score. In fairness, our penalty was a bit soft as well.

What you would call a thoroughly professional away win I would describe it, and when you consider it basically KO'd our only realistic rivals for automatic promotion, all the more impressive.