Reading 0-0 Newcastle United - 07/03/17 - Post-match reaction from page 8(!)

BlueStar

Guest firetotheworks

I haven't read anything about the match, but I'm delighted with 7 points from 3 away games in a row like.

Wind your neck in sempuki man ffs, we just took 7 points from our toughest set of games this season and are well on course to be promoted.

Wind your neck in yourself. What's wrong about wanting to win at home?

Nothing, I've said it myself in the Promotion thread that we need to improve at home. But we've just had 2 fantastic results and a good point away from home there and have set ourselves up for a handy promotion. We're on 77 points, when you look at us over the course of the season we've too many points on board now to not go up. Just enjoy it, I don't get the need for negativity tonight.

Fair enough. I am obviously happy with 7 points like everyone else. I actually think Fulham will be probably a harder game than tonight.

To collect 7 points from Brighton A, Huddersfield A and Reading A in a week is pretty f***ing good like. No one should be complaining at that haul.

And we dropped the points against the right opposition.

Guest ElCid

Colback is playing because Hayden is injured and the board f***ed him over in the window.

Not having that we have other options I.e. Diame and you might as well play with ten men he is that bad

Sorry but you're never going to create much with Perez, gouffran and ginger c*** playing. Could tell what the result would be before a ball was kicked. Baffles me how those 3 consistently get a game. An away draw is never a bad result but I'm always a big believer you play your best team possible and we didn't tonight.

Can't complain when we utilise our squad when we have 3 games in 7 days. If nothing else at least we learn a little bit more about which players can step up and which ones can't.

So why do gouffran, Perez and colback keep getting games then when they fail to step up nearly every time. Colback must be sucking Rafa off cos it's the only reason he can fail to see what a totally abysmal player he is

Hayden is injured therefore Colback gets more game time, Perez gets the odd game and Gouffran while ineffective offensively puts in a shift but Atsu has played more recently anyway.

Benitez doesnt have any other options a lot of the time given the players we have and the rigours of this league. I'd rather see players rotated and avoid injury. The proof is in the pudding anyway......look at the table, we're top.

Colback is playing because Hayden is injured and the board f***ed him over in the window.

Not having that we have other options I.e. Diame and you might as well play with ten men he is that bad

Don't think Rafa sees it that way. He does a job, a specific one, and I think Rafa just sees him as a cog in the machine. Is he a good footballer? No, he's fucking terrible on the ball but he does something that Rafa likes. Think Hayden will be back in the team pretty much as soon as he's fit though.

Guest neesy111

That was one of the biggest non-events I've ever seen. Such a shite match. [emoji38]

Aye, proper meh of a game.

Take that all day after those three games. This was always likely to be an anticlimax. Fantastic to beat our two rivals and take 7 out of 9 points. What Brighton and Huddersfield are on I don't give a shit at this point, we've done our job and then some.

Guest ElCid

Sorry but you're never going to create much with Perez, gouffran and ginger c*** playing. Could tell what the result would be before a ball was kicked. Baffles me how those 3 consistently get a game. An away draw is never a bad result but I'm always a big believer you play your best team possible and we didn't tonight.

Can't complain when we utilise our squad when we have 3 games in 7 days. If nothing else at least we learn a little bit more about which players can step up and which ones can't.

So why do gouffran, Perez and colback keep getting games then when they fail to step up nearly every time. Colback must be sucking Rafa off cos it's the only reason he can fail to see what a totally abysmal player he is

Hayden is injured therefore Colback gets more game time, Perez gets the odd game and Gouffran while ineffective offensively puts in a shift but Atsu has played more recently anyway.

Benitez doesnt have any other options a lot of the time given the players we have and the rigours of this league. I'd rather see players rotated and avoid injury. The proof is in the pudding anyway......look at the table, we're top.

Hear what you saying and can say fair enough to some you said but cant agree on Colback or gouffran points and never will. Hopefully if we go up then both will be at other clubs in the summer because I would be majorly concerned if either were part of next seasons squad.

Hear what you saying and can say fair enough to some you said but cant agree on Colback or gouffran points and never will. Hopefully if we go up then both will be at other clubs in the summer because I would be majorly concerned if either were part of next seasons squad.

Gouffran is "functional" and has done well this season. I dont rate Colback either but clearly Benitez thinks he can do a job as he chooses to start him over Diame in the same position. Neither player should be playing for us next season if we go up.