Newcastle United 1-3 Fulham - post match fume from pg23 - 11/03/17

Disco

Apart from Ginger Jack I couldn't really argue with the side before kick-off. It's all gone to shit.

Problem is in certain positions everything we have available is of pretty poor quality.

You have to ask what the players are instructed to do before the match. It's happening quite often this.

Guest firetotheworks

Mild bew's.

Good.  Can't be allowed to get away with 45 minutes like that.

You're watching/at the match I take it?

Thing with this, are the players playing to Rafa's tactics (if true it's shocking and Rafa needs to change it) or are they fecking up what Rafa has told them to do.

Either way a bollocking should be forthcoming at half time.

Guest neesy111

Diame sounds the worst one, hardly heard his name mentioned.  He's been dire since coming back from the ACON.

Thing with this, are the players playing to Rafa's tactics (if true it's shocking and Rafa needs to change it) or are they fecking up what Rafa has told them to do.

Or maybe, as it sounds, Fulham have done a good job of nullifying you and there's no other option for Shelley but to hit long balls. I can't imagine Rafa sent them out there to hit it long every time. Fulham have a good manager. Maybe he has his tactics spot on. Over to Rafa now to see if he can react.

Guest ElCid

Apart from Ginger Jack I couldn't really argue with the side before kick-off. It's all gone to s***.

It's like playing with 10 man with this cunt and for Rafa to keep playing him is inexcusable. We have been shit at home for months and the same tactics keep getting churned out. Not working let's see if he changes it from the start of the 2nd half which he should

Guest ElCid

Not sure how playing another striker is going to remedy the fact that we aren't creating chances, like. We need a different approach. By the sounds of it moving up and compressing the game a bit.

Getting Colback off and adding another attacking threat will create chances though that's just common sense

Not sure how playing another striker is going to remedy the fact that we aren't creating chances, like. We need a different approach. By the sounds of it moving up and compressing the game a bit.

Getting Colback off and adding another attacking threat will create chances though that's just common sense

Well, yeah I'd put Perez on at this point. I wouldn't bring on Murphy yet, though.

Or maybe, as it sounds, Fulham have done a good job of nullifying you and there's no other option for Shelley but to hit long balls. I can't imagine Rafa sent them out there to hit it long every time. Fulham have a good manager. Maybe he has his tactics spot on. Over to Rafa now to see if he can react.

Could be, but while i want to i'm not going to absolve Rafa of blame. Tactically we've been poor at home from the kick off a few times now. And that's something he needs to sort out, one thing is picking Colback when it's clear he's dreadful, epecially when you want to attack and take the game to teams at home. I get it away from home but not at home.