The other games today 2017/18

Greg

The thing is it's not seamless in the slightest. In cricket & NFL referred decisions take minutes to resolve. Tennis is different in that there isn't really any room for interpretation.

The amount of decisions that we all fail to agree on after dozens of replays anarl. Tbh I'll never be won over, the game needs to be au naturale.

I see both sides of this argument, but do you really think the game nowadays is anywhere near "au naturale"? Something needs to be done to make the game more honest, perhaps this is the way...

In terms of what happens on the pitch, bar goal-line technology & the odd use of extra officials, the game is still the same at every level.

Re making the game more honest, I'm all for the retrospective execution of diving cheats etc :thup:

As someone who is an intent follower of NBA and a casual fan of NFL (which have both ventured far along the replay path), I sincerely hope that the powers that be do not unleash this grievous affliction of modern sport onto the game we adore. Goal line technology would be the perfect place to stop, but I know that will never be the case.

The thing is it's not seamless in the slightest. In cricket & NFL referred decisions take minutes to resolve. Tennis is different in that there isn't really any room for interpretation.

The amount of decisions that we all fail to agree on after dozens of replays anarl. Tbh I'll never be won over, the game needs to be au naturale.

I see both sides of this argument, but do you really think the game nowadays is anywhere near "au naturale"? Something needs to be done to make the game more honest, perhaps this is the way...

In terms of what happens on the pitch, bar goal-line technology & the odd use of extra officials, the game is still the same at every level.

Re making the game more honest, I'm all for the retrospective execution of diving cheats etc :thup:

Might be a little too far, that.

I agree on the importance of this bit, and it's something I've almost never seen mentioned.

I agree on the importance of this bit, and it's something I've almost never seen mentioned.

That's actually a fair point, even though I'm pro-video technology.

Although, on the other hand, many a street footie fight would be resolved (or end up escalated :lol:) with the aid of video replays.