The other games today 2017/18

Greg

I know. I think it's a little bit weird, too. I moved here when I was 12 and had to put up with a lot of anti football/England talk from school kids. The people who do watch football are from South America and you best believe they're on Barca and Real Madrid's dick. Everyone here wants England to lose everything it seems. I love Newcastle, have since I was three, but when the only other Newcastle fans you know are on this forum, it's difficult to have the same feelings as a lot of you. I actually didn't even know Sunderland were our rivals 'till 2005 and I can't even hate them like you all do. They're simply not on our level to me and I see them as no threat whatsoever. I'm surprised when I see the thread bumped and new threads being made because it's reached 1000 pages, because they're fucking shit and we're Newcastle.

I'm a big Premier League fan as hard as that may be to believe. Right now I want Spurs to do well. I used to hate them before as they would take our players despite finishing lower. But now that I'm older and have seen so much bullshit in the game, I just want to see something organic. I'm naive and I think the better our domestic teams do, the better the national team will do. It's never the case, but here's hoping.

As for Man Utd winning, they do compete in the CL and will spice up that competition. Also they have Rashford and some other English players. Sevilla, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona and Real Madrid have dominated the Europe for the past 10 years and Spain have won three titles in that time. I'm hoping we can do something similar.

Totally get the distance putting petty rivalries/rank dislike into perspective, and all things English/British seeming easier to identify with. Personally, Man U would probably always be a step too far for me/many. But fair play to you, you're a more reasonable man than I :thup:

Either that or your Trumpian environment has driven you chicken oriental!  :cheesy:

Thanks, man  :thup:

I really do appreciate that.