The other games today 2017/18

Greg

This has been bizarrely defensive from Conte. He has the defending champions and a team that just recently went to Madrid and soundly outplayed Atletico at his disposal, he's spent large portions of this match with only two attacking players on the pitch, none of whom are strikers. He has even benched his two most aggressively attacking defenders in Moses and Luiz for more conservative options, all of this at home. I really don't understand it.

They dropped so deep in the second half and Willian is good but isn't as creative as Hazard in terms of linking the midfield to the forward(s), so Hazard found himself isolated as Chelsea dropped off. He was having a great game before being put up top too.

This has been bizarrely defensive from Conte. He has the defending champions and a team that just recently went to Madrid and soundly outplayed Atletico at his disposal, he's spent large portions of this match with only two attacking players on the pitch, none of whom are strikers. He has even benched his two most aggressively attacking defenders in Moses and Luiz for more conservative options, all of this at home. I really don't understand it.

Luiz is suspended still isn't he?

Aye he is otherwise he would definitely start

Walker is an upgrade on Sagna and Zabaleta too

Aye I think Walker's a bit underrated now because he used to make a lot of mistakes when he was younger

He still does, he's also quite wasteful for the amount of excellent positions that he gets into. For example compare his crossing ability to Mendy's.

City have looked very good today and all season, but they generally do start the season at a ridiculous pace. They won the first five matches two years ago and the first six last year and finished nowhere close to the title. They've wilted very badly in both cases. It will be interesting to see if they can maintain it, because they must be the favourites along with their city neighbors.

Luiz is suspended still isn't he?

:thup: I still don't see why he couldn't play Azpilicueta in his normal position and more than two attacking players at a time as they have done most of the season.