The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Great game yesterday. Was bummed when we went two down "we can't just f***ing win at this stadium", but then Suárez was imperious. Good to see him getting his form back.

19 points man. Ludicrous.

Honestly if the situation was reversed I'd be tempted to top myself. :lol:

Didn't realise Madrid lost agin this weekend, they're 8 points behind third, and closer to the relegation zone the yourself. Sure Zidane has to go soon?

What has actually happened to make this season such a disaster for Madrid, as at the start people were thinking I'd be Barca that struggled.

A mix of a bad transfer window that has left them thin upfront and at the back, Zidane's unwillingness to change things up, lack of motivation, Cristiano's massive drop in form.

Do refs get paid on a game to game basis or are they on the monthly payroll of their respective FA's?

Bit shit for this guy if it's the former. He shouldn't have done that but we're all capable of fuck ups and you never know what someone is going through in their personal life. Hopefully he can be given another chance if he's had no history of doing similar stuff like this in the past.

Do refs get paid on a game to game basis or are they on the monthly payroll of their respective FA's?

Bit s*** for this guy if it's the former. He shouldn't have done that but we're all capable of f*** ups and you never know what someone is going through in their personal life. Hopefully he can be given another chance if he's had no history of doing similar stuff like this in the past.

If I remember correctly it is a weekly basis and only on a game to game basis for UEFA/FIFA matches. No doubt his weekly pay will be suspended until further notice. Or else he will be banned for a couple months without pay.

Had the ref not sent him off and just shook the players hand and laughed it off it wouldn’t have seemed half as bad. It was the fact he brought double the attention on himself by then wrongly sending the player off that got him in a real bad spot. The kick itself didn’t even seem all that bad it’s not like he walloped his shin or anything.

He has really f***ed himself. Any dream or ambition he had to be a FIFA ref, go to the World Cup, the euros, ref a major final or anything of that nature is gone.

Bit s*** for this guy if it's the former. He shouldn't have done that but we're all capable of f*** ups and you never know what someone is going through in their personal life. Hopefully he can be given another chance if he's had no history of doing similar stuff like this in the past.

If I remember correctly it is a weekly basis and only on a game to game basis for UEFA/FIFA matches. No doubt his weekly pay will be suspended until further notice. Or else he will be banned for a couple months without pay.

Had the ref not sent him off and just shook the players hand and laughed it off it wouldn’t have seemed half as bad. It was the fact he brought double the attention on himself by then wrongly sending the player off that got him in a real bad spot. The kick itself didn’t even seem all that bad it’s not like he walloped his shin or anything.

He has really f***ed himself. Any dream or ambition he had to be a FIFA ref, go to the World Cup, the euros, ref a major final or anything of that nature is gone.

I see, thanks for shedding light on that as I've often wondered how it worked with refs. With this French guy the other day though, I just hope he gets the opportunity to clean up his act & continue doing his job. As I say he could have been going through any number of personal struggles; none of which justify acting the way he did, but surely it can't be a one strike and your out basis, that would be very harsh when dealing with a person's living, particularly with what the players themselves get away relatively unscathed with. Unless of course he has a history of treating players in such an unprofessional way...