The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Guest neesy111

Why do people hate Pep, like?

Probably because they think he's he had it easy across his career while ignoring his time at Barcelona B.

Guest firetotheworks

I don’t hate Pep. I love his philosophy and his style, but it’s kind of easier for him to do that as opposed to say Klopp at Dortmund and now Liverpool. Therefore of the two I much prefer Klopp and his ways and teams.

Their approaches are a lot more similar than is made out tbh. Klopp goes on the counter more, whereas Pep goes for possession more, but in terms of their outlook on how to play football, how to press, always looking for a killer pass, loads of intelligent movement, pace, skill, confidence on the ball in difficult positions, they're both how I like to see the game played. Obviously Klopp's a bit more Keegan-esque because he plays that swashbuckling way to a fault and his defence and keeper are shite [emoji38] whereas Pep isn't as needlessly naive.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’d love to see him try it at a lower level team because I really do believe it can be achieved, that style of football and method of playing. I think his attention to detail, intense training etc. would probably only work with elite players though. His philosophy of passing, moving, possession etc. though... that can be transferred even to mediocre players.

I still rate our KK title challenging side, the Arsenal team that went unbeaten and vintage Man Utd under Fergie as much better to watch and I do prefer watching Liverpool over Man City who are not exciting IMO.

I don’t hate Pep. I love his philosophy and his style, but it’s kind of easier for him to do that as opposed to say Klopp at Dortmund and now Liverpool. Therefore of the two I much prefer Klopp and his ways and teams.

It's not easier to implement football the way that he does, if it was many more would've done so.

Guest firetotheworks

I’d love to see him try it at a lower level team because I really do believe it can be achieved, that style of football and method of playing. I think his attention to detail, intense training etc. would probably only work with elite players though. His philosophy of passing, moving, possession etc. though... that can be transferred even to mediocre players.

I still rate our KK title challenging side, the Arsenal team that went unbeaten and vintage Man Utd under Fergie as much better to watch and I do prefer watching Liverpool over Man City who are not exciting IMO.

Think you might be looking through black and white glasses there like, fucking hell. [emoji38]

Guest Howaythetoon

Their approaches are a lot more similar than is made out tbh. Klopp goes on the counter more, whereas Pep goes for possession more, but in terms of their outlook on how to play football, how to press, always looking for a killer pass, loads of intelligent movement, pace, skill, confidence on the ball in difficult positions, they're both how I like to see the game played. Obviously Klopp's a bit more Keegan-esque because he plays that swashbuckling way to a fault and his defence and keeper are s**** [emoji38] whereas Pep isn't as needlessly naive.

Aye I agree and that’s probably why he won’t win the title here with Liverpool. I take back what I said about Klopp early season where I thought he was under performing and would be under pressure. Liverpool are a joy to watch and it’s only because of how strong City are that they are not serious contenders. Mind I know a few Liverpool fans who would swap him for Rafa and ironically I actually think Rafa would for example have them winning 2-1 today or not allowing them to get back to 4-3 after a 4-1 lead. They’d be much stronger defensively for sure. But a Rafa side probably wouldn’t even get into the position of such a commanding lead. Mind he did beat Man Utd 4-1 once and Real Madrid 4-0 so who knows. I’d swap Rafa for Klopp any day of the weak, the nearest thing to KK in the modern game.

Guest firetotheworks

Why do people hate Pep, like?

Don't hate him but he's an absolutely massive weirdo

Why do people think Pep's an absolutely massive weirdo, like?

Guest Howaythetoon

It's not easier to implement football the way that he does, if it was many more would've done so.

It’s much easier when you can pick the players he has that’s for certain. Again I’d love to see him try it at a lower level team and do actually think his style anyway can be transferred over even with lesser players.

Guest neesy111

It’s much easier when you can pick the players he has that’s for certain. Again I’d love to see him try it at a lower level team and do actually think his style anyway can be transferred over even with lesser players.

See his first job at Barcelona B and the improvement made under his guidance.

Guest Howaythetoon

Think you might be looking through black and white glasses there like, f***ing hell. [emoji38]

What I can’t enjoy a style of play more over theirs? Give over man :lol: Liverpool today were very much like us under KK and that’s the type of football I love. City play great football and are obviously a great team, but I just don’t get excited watching them. It’s too formulaic. I obviously wouldn’t complain mind...

Guest firetotheworks

Not to mention that he won literally every possible cup in 08-09, which Barca hadn't done before or since. Crackers that that's looked at as if it's not that hard because there's this perception that he was handed the greatest club side of all time on a silver platter, when it's much more accurate to say that he created it in the first place.

Guest Howaythetoon

See his first job at Barcelona B and the improvement made under his guidance.

Again it would have been easier for him to develop that than say doing it at Espanyol B for example. I’m not knocking him btw, he’s incredible and a breath of fresh air really. Give me him over Mourinho et al.

And I would never hold it against him if he went from top club or mega club to mega club in his career, he’s a winner and you go where the chances of you doing what you want to do are greater. Common sense.

I’m sure I read he would like to manage Brescia one day, now that would be interesting.

Guest neesy111

Not to mention that he won literally every possible cup in 08-09, which Barca hadn't done before or since. Crackers that that's looked at as if it's not that hard because there's this perception that he was handed the greatest club side of all time on a silver platter, when it's much more accurate to say that he created it in the first place.

Barca were a mess the season before under rjkaard.

Guest firetotheworks

Think you might be looking through black and white glasses there like, f***ing hell. [emoji38]

What I can’t enjoy a style of play more over theirs? Give over man [emoji38] Liverpool today were very much like us under KK and that’s the type of football I love. City play great football and are obviously a great team, but I just don’t get excited watching them. It’s too formulaic. I obviously wouldn’t complain mind...

Sorry, I read it in terms of how you rate them as teams rather than your enjoyment. :thup: Yeah, Klopp's Liverpool and Keegan's Newcastle is a popular comparison with good reason, tin hat but I think they're better purely because football has improved, but then I think peak Keegan was early 94-95, rather than 95-96. I think formulaic is the wrong word re Man City, but I think I know what you're getting at in that they play with less wanton abandon than Liverpool.

Guest Howaythetoon
"So that's not why they are doing so well. The reason is that his philosophy works. Every team that he trains with this philosophy will be very attractive and have 80 per cent of the ball, so they will have more chances to win the game. That is why they are winning. They are putting everything on this philosophy and I really believe this is the best way to win.

At any level.”

Got to agree, keep the ball. That’s what it’s fundamentally about.

Wenger once held a seminar at the FA for grassroots football and told young coaches or wannabe coaches, the game is the best coach, let kids learn and do not try and teach them things that the game cannot teach them. Basically back off. Let them find their own feet, when they become adults, then teach them the finer points or help them with it.