The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Guest neesy111

No doubt FIFA didn't bother asking Cricket and both rugby formats about implementing it.  That was farcical over that pen incident as it was clear on 1st replay it was a pen.

sbnufc proper fucking loves var

Wouldnt go that far, though I'm obviously not against it.  Half the complaints about it (mostly about time taken) are completely absurd imo anyway.

I'll reserve final judgement until it's in full use, in it's final form. Probably when it's in the Prem.

sbnufc proper fucking loves var

Wouldnt go that far, though I'm obviously not against it.  Half the complaints about it (mostly about time taken) are completely absurd imo anyway.

I'll reserve final judgement until it's in full use, in it's final form. Probably when it's in the Prem.

The day English football finally dies. The sport we gave to the world, destroyed by meddling FIFA perverts.

Guest firetotheworks

That lack of VAR when it was actually needed was ridiculous. It's like they're trying to prove it's shit so they don't have to bother with it, when it would be fine if it was used properly.

The whole point of using it this tournament is to trial it and find its flaws. This (VAR not able to let the ref know it was a foul) was obviously one case, and it'll obviously be rectified one way or another for future use.

Everyone seems to think this is it's final form (or at least forgetting it isnt) [emoji38]

Not at all, I literally just said that it's like they're trying to prove that it's shit because it's been terrible. Big difference between ironing out a few problems and it being a complete failure.

Yeah, you would assume that trials would have been made at a much lower level than the confeds first like, this is hardly going to be in the early stages. They can tweak things but I can't see how they can improve vastly on what they have, the tech needs to provide almost instant feedback for one - impossible when it relies on human interpretation.

They have to scrap the idea of the ref having to ask them to look at a decision if they want it to work properly. They basically have to farm out all the big decisions to the guys upstairs automatically.