The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Aye Giroud is a good footballer. Doesn't do it against bigger teams. A 15 goal a season striker.

Scored past PSG, City, Bayern, Liverpool, Man Utd and Leicester (champs) in the last 2 seasons.

Not that impressive over two seasons when you think about it. Also, if you just watch him play against better organised sides against whom Arsenal are less dominant... he looks a little impotent most of the time IMO. Well groomed absolutely, but he's snuffed out and ragdolled too easily.

Aye Giroud is a good footballer. Doesn't do it against bigger teams. A 15 goal a season striker.

Scored past PSG, City, Bayern, Liverpool, Man Utd and Leicester (champs) in the last 2 seasons.

He's been in England 4 or 5 years, how many goals against the top 6?

He's a 15 a year goalscorer in the PL. A top striker is "the difference" and he is not for a team that aims to win the league.

I like Giroud and he gets too much stick. But he doesn't score enough to be an elite striker.

Guest neesy111

He's been in England 4 or 5 years, how many goals against the top 6?

He's a 15 a year goalscorer in the PL. A top striker is "the difference" and he is not for a team that aims to win the league.

I like Giroud and he gets too much stick. But he doesn't score enough to be an elite striker.

Lacazette is that upgrade.

Xhaka plays some beautiful passes like. If only he was more mobile

Also losses the ball pretty often for a CM with just basic passing going astray.

Aye. That's why the other day he got 100% completion for a minimum of 80 passes in the community shield.

That's a glorifed friendly. In the second half before the 2 excellent assists, he lost the ball wastefully 2 or 3 times.

Not that impressive over two seasons when you think about it. Also, if you just watch him play against better organised sides against whom Arsenal are less dominant... he looks a little impotent most of the time IMO. Well groomed absolutely, but he's snuffed out and ragdolled too easily.

I know although he didn't start too many last season. I just think he gets unwarranted stick. £10m from Montpellier, he's done alreet for that.

Also losses the ball pretty often for a CM with just basic passing going astray.

Aye. That's why the other day he got 100% completion for a minimum of 80 passes in the community shield.

That's a glorifed friendly. In the second half before the 2 excellent assists, he lost the ball wastefully 2 or 3 times.

Aye he was taking risks and it eventually worked out

Not sure what to make out of Leicester, since we are obviously not in Arsenal's class, they are more our competition. For 50 or 60 mins, they looked more than decent, but the last 30 mins, they were dreadful really, despite Arsenal really playing well in that period, Leicester just sat back and tried to defend, but they can't defend.

Guest neesy111

I know although he didn't start too many last season. I just think he gets unwarranted stick. £10m from Montpellier, he's done alreet for that.

He just doesn't suit Arsenal's style.

Ozil wasn't particularly good but I don't think its a coincidence that they started creating chances when he got more involved in the game

Hard to evaluate it really, i thought he always looked like creating something ( and usually did) when on the ball but he probably didn't get involved as much as he could have.

Yeah don't disagree with that :thup: Solid, but I think they definitely needed Lacazette to be where they want to be. In fairness to Giroud, he's often had thankless tasks/little support when put up against the better sides too.

Aye he was taking risks and it eventually worked out

Maybe. Overall not a fan. Can make a big impact but whenever I see him, he misplaces simple passes and moves like Jack Colback. Excellent passes tonight for the goals though.