The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Not gonna lie, as easy as it is to hate Ramos, I appreciate him so much. Always provides entertainment regardless of what he's doing. Top player, and just a born winner. Unreal glow up, too.

Arguably the best in the game at his position.

Actually taking some sense about us on MOTD2 - Gullit and Jenas tonight, better than the Sky crap earlier.

Gullit seems quite fond of us like

expand.

They basically just said the fans deserve a good team. Gullit was especially warm towards us

Guest Howaythetoon

Got to see Messi score today at Camp Nou or so I thought... great stadium and a decent enough game although Betis were awful. Surprised to see Joaquin still playing and although I was disspoainted that there was less than 60k there it did look quite full. Loved being able to have a drink while watching the game as well.

One thing I did notice, this is a bang average Barcelona side and although Messi lacks the pace he once had, he's still a level above anyone on the pitch, but as he becomes less of a player than he once was, Barca will struggle because although he still has it, those around him aren't on the same wavelength and so some of his moves and passing just doesn't result in anything. He can't just score wonder goals willy nilly now. He cut a frustrated figure at times. Perhaps playing a Wednesday night in rainy Stoke could do him the world of good...

Was disgusted to see spectators eating fucking popcorn while watching the match though and although I was a tourist, I wonder how the real hardcore Barca fans think about those that go because it's well, Barcelona and Camp Nou? Maybe one for VI who has been very helpful btw so much appreciated mate if you read this.

Whoever made that last ditch tackle... fucking hell, that was literally worth a goal as not long after Barca went up the other end and scored as a result. Immense tackle.

Another thing, Barca are fucking huge, on another level to any other club on the planet with maybe the exception of Real Madrid. Bigger than Man Utd, you only get a true sense of that by going to one of their matches. Again, surprised there was so many empty (and pink) seats.

Had a class day all-round, even our shit team couldn't spoil my day playing so bad and losing to fucking Huddersfield. I wore my fans Toon top with Shearer on the back which was a talking point with a good number of Barca fans pre match and during the game who seem to like Newcastle what with the Sir Bobby connection.

Got to see Messi score today at Camp Nou or so I thought... great stadium and a decent enough game although Betis were awful. Surprised to see Joaquin still playing and although I was disspoainted that there was less than 60k there it did look quite full. Loved being able to have a drink while watching the game as well.

One thing I did notice, this is a bang average Barcelona side and although Messi lacks the pace he once had, he's still a level above anyone on the pitch, but as he becomes less of a player than he once was, Barca will struggle because although he still has it, those around him aren't on the same wavelength and so some of his moves and passing just doesn't result in anything. He can't just score wonder goals willy nilly now. He cut a frustrated figure at times. Perhaps playing a Wednesday night in rainy Stoke could do him the world of good...

Was disgusted to see spectators eating f***ing popcorn while watching the match though and although I was a tourist, I wonder how the real hardcore Barca fans think about those that go because it's well, Barcelona and Camp Nou? Maybe one for VI who has been very helpful btw so much appreciated mate if you read this.

Whoever made that last ditch tackle... f***ing hell, that was literally worth a goal as not long after Barca went up the other end and scored as a result. Immense tackle.

Another thing, Barca are f***ing huge, on another level to any other club on the planet with maybe the exception of Real Madrid. Bigger than Man Utd, you only get a true sense of that by going to one of their matches. Again, surprised there was so many empty (and pink) seats.

Had a class day all-round, even our s*** team couldn't spoil my day playing so bad and losing to f***ing Huddersfield. I wore my fans Toon top with Shearer on the back which was a talking point with a good number of Barca fans pre match and during the game who seem to like Newcastle what with the Sir Bobby connection.

I'm glad you had a blast!

August games are always poorly attended because of the holidays. Add to it what happened earlier in the week and...

And yes, take away Messi (and Suárez) and our side is bang average. Best positive from yesterday was that Deulofeu was somewhat effective against this kind of opposition. We'll need any kind of pace and directness upfront we can get at this point.

Guest firetotheworks

Neymar hasn't started badly I see.

He's Smurfing it in the little league tbf, the only time anything he'll do will really worth all that much is internationally and in the Champions League for me. One of his goals looked incredible, but I think it's also the measure of the average opposition that he's up against now.

Guest Howaythetoon

Was disgusted to see spectators eating f***ing popcorn while watching the match though and although I was a tourist, I wonder how the real hardcore Barca fans think about those that go because it's well, Barcelona and Camp Nou? Maybe one for VI who has been very helpful btw so much appreciated mate if you read this.

Whoever made that last ditch tackle... f***ing hell, that was literally worth a goal as not long after Barca went up the other end and scored as a result. Immense tackle.

Another thing, Barca are f***ing huge, on another level to any other club on the planet with maybe the exception of Real Madrid. Bigger than Man Utd, you only get a true sense of that by going to one of their matches. Again, surprised there was so many empty (and pink) seats.

Had a class day all-round, even our s*** team couldn't spoil my day playing so bad and losing to f***ing Huddersfield. I wore my fans Toon top with Shearer on the back which was a talking point with a good number of Barca fans pre match and during the game who seem to like Newcastle what with the Sir Bobby connection.

August games are always poorly attended because of the holidays. Add to it what happened earlier in the week and...

And yes, take away Messi (and Suárez) and our side is bang average. Best positive from yesterday was that Deulofeu was somewhat effective against this kind of opposition. We'll need any kind of pace and directness upfront we can get at this point.

Cheers VI, the attendance didn't take away from what was an amazing experience. So glad I went, the wife loved it as well. It looked full anyway and when the sun went down what a stadium to be in.

I already touched on it, but what do the real proper Barca fans think of the tourist fans? We get day trippers at SJP but nowhere near the level and scale of Barcelona. One bloke and his kids came all the way from Brazil just for the match. People say the stadium is dilapidated, but I thought it was immense, a proper stadium. Atmosphere was quite good as well with the ultras? making a canny din.

I liked the right back or right winger, the black fella, he did an amazing skill to get away from his marker during the first half which had many in their feet aplauding.

Not gonna lie, as easy as it is to hate Ramos, I appreciate him so much. Always provides entertainment regardless of what he's doing. Top player, and just a born winner. Unreal glow up, too.

He's hilarious.

First yellow, ponders kicking the ball out of place for at least 5-10 seconds. Decides to ping a cross pitch ball to Modric because Deportivo didn't kick the ball out when Carvajal went down. Modric, kicks it out of play. Ramos is furious, has a go at Modric for stopping play. Ramos then gets headbutted. Instead of being calm or diving in pain, he pushes the other player in the face with 2 hands. He's 31. Played more than 500 times for Real Madrid. Closing in on 150 Spain caps. CAPTAIN of both teams. Still slapping opponents.

He's hilarious.

First yellow, ponders kicking the ball out of place for at least 5-10 seconds. Decides to ping a cross pitch ball to Modric because Deportivo didn't kick the ball out when Carvajal went down. Modric, kicks it out of play. Ramos is furious, has a go at Modric for stopping play. Ramos then gets headbutted. Instead of being calm or diving in pain, he pushes the other player in the face with 2 hands. He's 31. Played more than 500 times for Real Madrid. Closing in on 150 Spain caps. CAPTAIN of both teams. Still slapping opponents.

He's great.  :lol:

Cheers VI, the attendance didn't take away from what was an amazing experience. So glad I went, the wife loved it as well. It looked full anyway and when the sun went down what a stadium to be in.

I already touched on it, but what do the real proper Barca fans think of the tourist fans? We get day trippers at SJP but nowhere near the level and scale of Barcelona. One bloke and his kids came all the way from Brazil just for the match. People say the stadium is dilapidated, but I thought it was immense, a proper stadium. Atmosphere was quite good as well with the ultras? making a canny din.

I liked the right back or right winger, the black fella, he did an amazing skill to get away from his marker during the first half which had many in their feet aplauding.

August is always full of daytrippers, it's usually not like that during the season. People are generally okay with it, in particular if they are actual football fans and not just random tourists looking for a photo. I actually enjoy meeting fans of other teams in the bars outside the ground.

There some resentment when seeing people in Real Madrid shirts for Clásicos sitting in the home seats, or generally people just buying their way into big games and keeping local fans out - but that's actually a very small occurrence given how our ticketing works, even if it always draws media attention.

The stadium is really old, there's a renovation planned.

Guest palnese

City's 'Tunnel Club' :anguish:

Actual fans being removed from the game in favour of gawping tourist creeps.

It actually makes me sick, that.