The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Such a rapid decline. Got beat on penalties in the semis last time. When you're expecting Wijnaldum to be one of the main men you're in trouble, as we found out as well

He's hardly our biggest problem like. Our forwards are running on fumes and there's nothing behind them.

It's interesting that Holland are having such a decline yet at the same time Belgium seem to have a conveyor belt producing top talent right now.

No idea if it's something to do with coaches or investment or something like that

Such a rapid decline. Got beat on penalties in the semis last time. When you're expecting Wijnaldum to be one of the main men you're in trouble, as we found out as well

He's hardly our biggest problem like. Our forwards are running on fumes and there's nothing behind them.

He'd be fine in the side if it was as good as previous sides as a complementary player but when there's nothing good around him he looks terrible

He'd be fine in the side if it was as good as previous sides as a complementary player but when there's nothing good around him he looks terrible

Aye, but we've never had 11 world class players. Put a prime Robben, Van Persie and Sneijder and 8 solid plodders on the pitch and you've got something. Well past their sell by date they're nothing. Anyway, France was here a while ago and rejuvenated. We might be back in a decade or so.

4-0 :anguish:

Ah well, glad that's over. Same with the transfer window. Small mercies I know :lol:

Just looked it up. You have to beat Sweden and Bulgaria at home and Belarus away and you'll probably get to a playoff. I know you're playing terribly but still seems a decent chance on paper

You could name a B Team France side that are better than the Dutch.

Never seen such a poor Dutch side. A tier 1 national side all my life until the last couple of years. The side that went to the WC final was the worst team in terms of talent that I had ever seen from them at that point. A steady decline in talent since and the same star men from 2010 in the team.

Ah well, glad that's over. Same with the transfer window. Small mercies I know :lol:

Just looked it up. You have to beat Sweden and Bulgaria at home and Belarus away and you'll probably get to a playoff. I know you're playing terribly but still seems a decent chance on paper

It's hard to not consider the Netherlands - the Netherlands. But they're genuinely no better than Bulgaria. Don't have the talent. No culture of playing as an inferior side either.

Netherlands isn't a big country. Rather than arguing they're doing extremely poorly right now, it's probably more the case that they've overachieved for the last 40 years. They were a minnow pre-1974.

Always more likely to have poor generations, and blips of failing to qualify, than other larger European countries like France, Germany and Italy.

Since the Irish spend most of their time playing fucking catch the pixie with sticks or whatever the GAA is it's probably a bit true. They're more in the Iceland/Faroe Islands category of overachievement than Netherlands/Uruguay though.

Since the Irish spend most of their time playing f***ing catch the pixie with sticks or whatever the GAA is it's probably a bit true. They're more in the Iceland/Faroe Islands category of overachievement than Netherlands/Uruguay though.

Ah yes Gaelic football.

30 failed goalkeepers hoofing a ball over a wide and tall bar and pretending like it takes talent.