The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Portugal v Faroes at the Bessa for me the neet. I'll be sure to give Palnese's marra a good reception.

Wish Jóan Símun Edmundsson made it here

He's not too shabby. Owld Ronaldo scored a bicycle in the first 2 mins right infront of where we were sat. Lovely old job. Don't know if anyone bought Big Willy Carvalho in the end but he really stood out albeit against shite.

Messi really has to do so much for Argentina. None of their midfielders or defenders can pass the ball forward so Messi has to go deep to pass the ball forward and then run and try to score. Still playing really well tonight

Messi really has to do so much for Argentina. None of their midfielders or defenders can pass the ball forward so Messi has to go deep to pass the ball forward and then run and try to score. Still playing really well tonight

It's shocking really how average Argentina have been during the Messi years, it's not like he's been their only world class player in that period. Is it his fault or the management ?

It's shocking really how average Argentina have been during the Messi years, it's not like he's been their only world class player in that period. Is it his fault or the management ?

I've only really started to watch them regularly since the last world cup but I think it's the fault of the midfield. Banega is about as good as it's got in a creative sense in there in recent years. Messi has to drop back to create which means it is then tougher for him to get forward to create or score in more dangerous areas. Higuain and Aguero have terrible for Argentine in big games in that period as well. It's literally just Messi and Di Maria doing anything going forward

Yeah, it's weird how dull Argentina are going forward, given that on paper they have way more than Messi and Di María. And they have gone through several managers in this period, too. Nobody has made that team click.

Messi dropping deep to create should be fine, given that they have the likes of Agüero and Higuaín up there. It's not like he can't be effective if he's not the frontman, like the partnership with Suárez shows.

Yeah, it's weird how dull Argentina are going forward, given that on paper they have way more than Messi and Di María. And they have gone through several managers in this period, too. Nobody has made that team click.

Messi dropping deep to create should be fine, given that they have the likes of Agüero and Higuaín up there. It's not like he can't be effective if he's not the frontman, like the partnership with Suárez shows.

It's not that he has to drop deep every so often though, he has to do it literally every time for them to have any kind of attack. Last night they had 5 defensive players playing, three centre halves and two centre mids and none of them were able/tried to pass the ball forward until they could give it to Messi. He still created a lot and had a very good game mind

USMNT continuing to make a mess of things.

Absolutely gasping for a USA vs Syria play-off.

CONCACAF has such a forgiving qualification format. USA has 8 points from 7 matches and are still favourites to qualify. In any other confederation that point total would have a team on the brink of elimination. For them, the likely worst case scenario is a playoff against a weak Asian country.

Anyway, it is quite a big week in Africa. Against all of my expectations, Nigeria completely rubbished Cameroon 4-0, played brilliant football, and have nine points from nine in the group of death. I am ecstatic with, but our history I will never be too confident. :lol: I don't know know what Conte has done to fix Moses, but he has reached levels I'd not have imagined even a year ago. Ghana are rapidly heading towards missing Russia 2018. They salvaged a draw against Congo Republic at home, but 2 points from 3 matches is not good enough. I was able to see some of DRC-Tunisia as well. Chancel was alright in midfield, but they lost 2-1. The return leg in Kinshasa is vital if we want to qualify.

Going to Notts County v Port Vale today to watch Shola lead the line.  I see Alan Smith is still listed in the Notts squad, but I don't think he is actually playing at the moment. 

Seems Adam Campbell got shipped out.

Going to Notts County v Port Vale today to watch Shola lead the line.  I see Alan Smith is still listed in the Notts squad, but I don't think he is actually playing at the moment. 

Seems Adam Campbell got shipped out.

Nice one :thup: Respect if you give the hokey-cokey chant an airing.