The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Was at the Grenfell charity match today.

Good day out and decent game/spectacle. Mint having the firefighters come on to play like and getting introduced etc. Good stuff.

Fans had to ruin it before the penalties and just after full time by invading the pitch like - anyone that's been to watch us play there towards the end of the season knows a pItch invasion at that place isn't uncommon.

Good day for a worthy cause mind, don't live in London so was quite eerie coming in on the tube and going past the tower like

Was at the Grenfell charity match today.

Good day out and decent game/spectacle. Mint having the firefighters come on to play like and getting introduced etc. Good stuff.

Fans had to ruin it before the penalties and just after full time by invading the pitch like - anyone that's been to watch us play there towards the end of the season knows a pItch invasion at that place isn't uncommon.

Good day for a worthy cause mind, don't live in London so was quite eerie coming in on the tube and going past the tower like

Nice one.

Jose looked good value from what I've seen.

Spain absolutely destroyed Italy in 2012 when Italy played a 4 man defence. Confed Cup in 2013 and Euros last year Italy beat them with a back 3.

I know Chiellini is out but Rugani is no mug to step in. Otherwise you have to have 3 in midfield against Spain if you've not got the extra CB. Playing 2 in there on their own and little help from the wide players is really insane. One of the worst team selections I've ever seen from any manager.

Surprised at the gulf in class here.

Spain are clearly miles ahead in terms of midfield talent but it's been a dreadful performance. The one thing Italy have always been good at is setting up to negate other teams strengths and exaggerate their own.

Conte managed that with a weaker Italy side last year. Now they've got Verratti instead of Parolo, Belotti instead of Pelle, Insigne instead of Giaccherini - and look far worse. No idea what Ventura is doing. They just extended his contract last month as well.