The other games today 2017/18

Greg

I don't think he has reverted, hes always set up teh team to defend first just the first part of the season he was playing shit teams. Theyve scored a lot of late goals cos they only properly attack once the game is won already. Of course this happens when they're pressed properly but they may well get a draw or even nick a win. It is how you win titles contrary to pundit logic that you have to beat the top 6, actually you just need to win the rest of the games and hopefully not give away too many points to the top 6.

But Man Utd haven't defended well at all today. They've been destroyed in midfield and given up chances. Of course if it ends up a draw people will go on about it being a great defensive performance but it really hasn't been, so far at least

I don't think he has reverted, hes always set up teh team to defend first just the first part of the season he was playing s*** teams. Theyve scored a lot of late goals cos they only properly attack once the game is won already. Of course this happens when they're pressed properly but they may well get a draw or even nick a win. It is how you win titles contrary to pundit logic that you have to beat the top 6, actually you just need to win the rest of the games and hopefully not give away too many points to the top 6.

Disagree tbh, they were a lot more aggressive in the other games and got a lot more bodies forward in attack. Today they have been very passive off the ball and looked to contain, not to mention he's benched Mata and Rashford.

I will conceed the team is set up more defensively, and maybe they were a bit more aggressive previously (however i don't think they ever played brilliant attacking football all that much, they have flattered to deceive a bit). I just dont buy Mourinho has changed his tactics at all for this season. This season his team has been better drilled and able to impose themselves, like his successful teams always did.

I also concede no not looked that brilliant in defense, thats more form than strategy though

Think Gini has been one of the better players on the pitch today like :lol:

I've been watching on and off so I 100% concede I may have missed some good bits, but every time I've seen him he's receiving the ball during an attack and standing stock still to kill it or just completely picking the wrong pass.