The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Guest neesy111

Ridiculous what's happening with Real considering how slick they looked last season.  Complacency setting in?

I'm not saying they should be this bad, but last season aside they have been quite inconsistent in La Liga for a few years. At least compared to what a top team should be anyway.

That's true, thought they were heading for a few seasons of La Liga domination while Barca sorted their ageing squad out.

Whats happened to Real this season? Already 8 points behind Barca.

Hard to say.  Seriously weakened the squad in the summer.  Complacency? Squad not as stacked. Ron also barely scoring. 

I've not really payed attention, but I know he was suspended to 5 games, but it this the start of the decline for Ronaldo, or he just hit a poor patch of form after an excellent couple of years?

Sinking the best part of £100m into Rooney, Klaassen and Sigurdsson who all play in the same position and are all completely devoid of pace was sheer lunacy.

Especially when they’ve got Barkley who also plays in the same position. And, arguably, is better than at least one of those in that list.

Joey Barton laying into Unsworth on TalkShite.

Maybe they’re doing so well because Messi can be the main man and not in Neymar’s shadow.

Tbf we have seen this before Neymar and Suarez, it didn't end well as great as Messi is he needs help. I have no doubt they can win La Liga as constructed but CL? i fear it will be the same old story of Messi being double teamed and team mates not picking up the slack.

Whats happened to Real this season? Already 8 points behind Barca.

Hard to say.  Seriously weakened the squad in the summer.  Complacency? Squad not as stacked. Ron also barely scoring.

Barca's squad is hardly great, still got some areas of concern

Sinking the best part of £100m into Rooney, Klaassen and Sigurdsson who all play in the same position and are all completely devoid of pace was sheer lunacy.

Especially when they’ve got Barkley who also plays in the same position. And, arguably, is better than at least one of those in that list.

He's comfortably better than all 3 IMO. He wanted out though.

I criticised the transfer policy in general not the signing which still stands.  You want to show the posts earlier which I did that?  Ofcourse you won't as it doesn't fit your agenda.

So apparently we're buying f***ing Paulinho for close to €40m :anguish:

Oh god, sack this board.

Comical signing.

:ronaldo:

Yeah, a team like Everton should not be relying on Calvert-Lewin starting nearly every game for them, no matter how talented he is. Not sure if Bolasie or Coleman will be back soon but they may help a bit but I'd be worried if I was an Everton fan