The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

Arsenal fans are f***ing grim. Booing a conservative sub when they are 2-0 up after 75 minutes ffs.

Got to be the worst fans in football.

Comfortably Sunderland fans.

Aye, i suppose the racism and nonce sympathising probably swings it for them.

[emoji38] Tbh, I hadn't even considered that, but that's a good point. It's the back-patting and desperation to have football friends that I find unbelievably tragic.

Arsenal fans are f***ing grim. Booing a conservative sub when they are 2-0 up after 75 minutes ffs.

Got to be the worst fans in football.

Comfortably Sunderland fans.

Aye, i suppose the racism and nonce sympathising probably swings it for them.

[emoji38] Tbh, I hadn't even considered that, but that's a good point. It's the back-patting and desperation to have football friends that I find unbelievably tragic.

Hope they try to make football friends with Millwall.  No doubt there'll be some bullshit story on RTG later how 3 MLFs chinned 25 Millwall outside the ground.

Will this Tottenham side ever win anything?

They crumble far too easily. Considering they think the ‘bottling’ tag is a load of rubbish, they do seem to bottle it quite frequently :lol:

People are overly comfy with their well worn narratives IMO. To never be accused of bottling, they'd have to never lose another game. Get beat by another top side, hah bottlers. Don't finish off a minnow one time in fifteen, hah bottlers. :lol:

Well, nah they'd just have to actually win something

:thup:

Maybe if they didn’t have a history of crumbling to bits under pressure, the narrative wouldn’t exist.

Arsenal fans are fucking grim. Booing a conservative sub when they are 2-0 up after 75 minutes ffs.

Nah, it'll be because it's specifically Lacazette who Wenger keeps mysteriously subbing and dropping despite him being in better form than any other Arsenal player.

I’d imagine he was substituted today because they were comfortably winning and it would be bizarre to risk him getting injured by continuing to play him.

Booing any sub or managerial decision when you’re 2-0 up at home against your apparently more in-form rivals is totally embarrassing like, regardless of past decisions.

Guest firetotheworks

Arsenal fans are fucking grim. Booing a conservative sub when they are 2-0 up after 75 minutes ffs.

Nah, it'll be because it's specifically Lacazette who Wenger keeps mysteriously subbing and dropping despite him being in better form than any other Arsenal player.

I’d imagine he was substituted today because they were comfortably winning and it would be bizarre to risk him getting injured by continuing to play him.

Booing any sub or managerial decision when you’re 2-0 up at home against your apparently more in-form rivals is totally embarrassing like, regardless of past decisions.

Considering Wenger subs him every time, or doesn't start him, I'll beg to differ on him being saved from getting injured because the two don't line up. Whether you agree with the booing or not is another matter - I don't necessarily agree either - but there's more to it than it being because it was simply a conservative sub. We can't really pretend our fans haven't done the same either, it happened a lot in 12/13 under Pardew before the crowd was numbed into ambivalence further down the line.

Considering Wenger subs him every time, or doesn't start him, I'll beg to differ on him being saved from getting injured because the two don't line up. Whether you agree with the booing or not is another matter - I don't necessarily agree either - but there's more to it than it being because it was simply a conservative sub. We can't really pretend our fans haven't done the same either, it happened a lot in 12/13 under Pardew before the crowd was numbed into ambivalence further down the line.

I stand to be corrected, but I dont recall our crowd ever booing a sub when we were beating the mackems 2-0 like.

Regardless of whether he subs him every week or not, they were winning the game comfortably and the manager wanted to kill the last 15 minutes as Spurs were getting a bit of a foothold again - there was absolutely nowt wrong with the sub at the time. If they disagree with him being subbed or dropped previously, then voice your discontent then, don’t fucking cause a problem when you’re winning a derby match.

Even if they disagreed with the sub today, then go and rant on ArsenalTV about it. A lot of us disagree with Rafa’s lack of us of Mitro, but I cant see us booing Rafa if Mitro played today, we were winning 2-0 and Rafa made a decision to take Mitro off.

Some Arsenal fans have a huge chip on their shoulder with Wenger and want to bemoan every decision he makes at the moment.

Guest firetotheworks

I stand to be corrected, but I dont recall our crowd ever booing a sub when we were beating the mackems 2-0 like.

Regardless of whether he subs him every week or not, they were winning the game comfortably and the manager wanted to kill the last 15 minutes as Spurs were getting a bit of a foothold again - there was absolutely nowt wrong with the sub at the time. If they disagree with him being subbed or dropped previously, then voice your discontent then, don’t fucking cause a problem when you’re winning a derby match.

Even if they disagreed with the sub today, then go and rant on ArsenalTV about it. A lot of us disagree with Rafa’s lack of us of Mitro, but I cant see us booing Rafa if Mitro played today, we were winning 2-0 and Rafa made a decision to take Mitro off.

Some Arsenal fans have a huge chip on their shoulder with Wenger and want to bemoan every decision he makes at the moment.

I've already said that I disagree with the booing regardless of the reason like, it was just the reason that they were booing that I was commenting on really.

Will this Tottenham side ever win anything?

They crumble far too easily. Considering they think the ‘bottling’ tag is a load of rubbish, they do seem to bottle it quite frequently :lol:

People are overly comfy with their well worn narratives IMO. To never be accused of bottling, they'd have to never lose another game. Get beat by another top side, hah bottlers. Don't finish off a minnow one time in fifteen, hah bottlers. :lol:

Well, nah they'd just have to actually win something

:thup:

Maybe if they didn’t have a history of crumbling to bits under pressure, the narrative wouldn’t exist.

This is still a fairly young and new team so pointing back to past sides' failures is just Martin Keown level punditry tbh :lol:. They may win something yet. There are finite trophies and other good teams though.

Last season they lost to Chelsea and Liverpool in the cup competitions, and won 36 of the last 39 points available to them in the league. Hardly congruous with a team of bottlers. If Man City go on to a domestic clean sweep this year, that won't make Spurs bottlers - it'll just make them not as good as Man City. I mean, jesus man. :lol: