The other games today 2017/18

Greg

What is it with clubs in the north west, is the area just full of glory supporters with the two Manchester and Liverpool clubs?

Preston, Wigan, Bolton, Burnley, Blackpool, Blackburn - all clubs with variable but reasonable history but no fucker cares about them.

Successful clubs will always have a higher catchment rate in their local areas. Fairly self explanatory how the younger people gravitate towards to the clubs they hear about, talk about at school and see play on TV all the time.

Think it's fairly common to follow your most local lower-league side at the same time as supporting a team in the top division.

What is it with clubs in the north west, is the area just full of glory supporters with the two Manchester and Liverpool clubs?

Preston, Wigan, Bolton, Burnley, Blackpool, Blackburn - all clubs with variable but reasonable history but no fucker cares about them.

Successful clubs will always have a higher catchment rate in their local areas. Fairly self explanatory how the younger people gravitate towards to the clubs they hear about, talk about at school and see play on TV all the time.

Think it's fairly common to follow your most local lower-league side at the same time as supporting a team in the top division.

Then how do any of the London clubs function? The London clubs outside of Arsenal, Chelsea and more recently Spurs seem to do okay supporter wise with a much more conjested area, more questionnable history and 3 similarly successful clubs.

Then how do any of the London clubs function? The London clubs outside of Arsenal, Chelsea and more recently Spurs seem to do okay supporter wise with a much more conjested area, more questionnable history and 3 similarly successful clubs.

Just quickly went over average attendances, seems like the % of empty seats seem quite similar between North West teams and London teams - with massive fluctuations between PL seasons and CH seasons. Crystal Palace for instance pulled 10k more on average in their first season back in the PL. Blackburn and Bolton dropped a similar amount first season after relegation.

Burnley averaged 13k before promotion, 19k after promotion, 15k after relegation and 20k after promotion again, for instance. Feel like this is backing my argument, as when the teams are in the "big league" more people will be like "guess I gotta support them as well now" and then fuck that shit off when they go back down the leagues.

My hometown team(s) are in the 4th tier in Norway. Never bother going to watch their games when I'm back home. However I do know I would bother if they were in the 1st tier, and if they ever faced Rosenborg in said 1st tier I'd probably be sat in the home section rather than the away section. I'm part of the problem :lol:

Since being founded in 1904, Mo IL has never been in the top tier though, so not a conundrum I'd have to face anytime soon, at least. Not been in the 2nd tier in my lifetime either, I think. Last match I attended was when the club almost got promoted to the 2nd tier but was denied by an equalizing goal in the 94th minute that should have been disallowed for offside. The ref got jumped after the game. Not a good time.

Cech, Koscielny, Mustafi, Monreal, Bellerin, Xhaka, Ramsey, Kolasinac, Sanchez, Ozil, Lacazette.

Lloris, Trippier, Dier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies, Dembele, Sissoko, Eriksen, Dele, Kane.

Could be a cracker

Cech, Koscielny, Mustafi, Monreal, Bellerin, Xhaka, Ramsey, Kolasinac, Sanchez, Ozil, Lacazette.

Lloris, Trippier, Dier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies, Dembele, Sissoko, Eriksen, Dele, Kane.

Could be a cracker

Could be. But both sides are playing back 5's effectively. Would have been better if it was a more open game. Could just as easily finish 0-0 as it could be a cracker.

Arsenal have started well mind.